54 Year Old Male With Severe Chronic Pain Desperately Looking For Someone Who Can Help Me With Alleviating My Chronic Pain

Tony G Says:

I suffer from severe chronic pain with all verified documentation. I have been on a couple of pain clinics that treated my chronic pain with prescribed methadone and oxycodone for breakthrough pain and had great success. then after being on these pain clinics for a lengthy period of time with ni incidents. I was told that they cannot continue prescribing me my necessary medications and i have to find another pain clinic or a new doctor i need very serious help

4 Replies

Earliest Newest Votes
Verwon Says:

Hello, Tony! How are you feeling? I'm very sorry about the problem you're having.

Do you currently have a PCP that might be able to refer you to someone? Due to the new regulations that were put in place last year, if you require such medications on a long-term ongoing basis, you'll need to stick with a pain management specialist and having a referral from your GP might make it much quicker and easier to get in with one.

This is a narcotic analgesic, so it has the potential to be habit forming and may cause side effects, such as nausea, dizziness, drowsiness, dry mouth and constipation.

What is your general location? If you can post back with this information, it might enable someone to recommend a good doctor in your area. Thanks!

Was this helpful? 0
linnietea Says:

Tony, I feel your pain,because the VA forced me to sign a contract, then discontinued treatment, not tapered. as of September 29, nothing because I can't take Lyrica, my throat tightens, Cymbalta literally caused a suicide at t (I don't even remember anything) I have 4 M.D. willing to be my voice but our female chief of primary care has a hard on and is passed because I went to congress and she lied. now my fate will be decided Wednesday. I have lost my life, I've st giving away my possessions because I can't cope with the pain. four years ago, a pain Dr suddenly discontinued treatment, and I thought I would DIE ..so I called a friend who is a cop. he helped me and congress forced the VA to do their job. All this whooping for marijuana yet legitimate pain patients are treated as criminals.

Was this helpful? 1
Frank Says:

If you have Chronic Pain, like I do, where I can only sit for 10-15 minutes at a time. I would suggest 24 mg hydromorphcontin twice day and the 1 mg for inbetween, I find that does help a lot better then some of pain medication, I also have been to pain clinic, accupuncture, pain management, and so on and so on.I find tht these work a lot better. mind you it only helps relieve some of the pain will not cure you.

Was this helpful? 0
Jewels Says:

I need help for years of PTSD, ongoing severe trauma and anxiety and fear and pain from being assaulted by an ENT in Michigan. He poured Mendles Throat Paint down my throat and crushed my jaw and now I have
Trigemital Nueralga on both sides of my face and scar tissue down my throat and all my teeth lost their enamel are crumbling!!!

Was this helpful? 0

More Discussions:

tramadol i have lived with severe chronic pain for 8 years now the laws changed wa state

I have a low tolerance to pain and a high tolerance to opoids. 8 years ago I hurt my back, suffered a Lisfranc fracture ...

Acute pain relief options for MS, fibromyalgia, dysphagia with jaw joint replacement desperately needed

Im currently receiving IV chemo every 5-7 weeks to slow down progression of MS as I'm allergic to all interferons et...

I have diabetes and neuropathy with severe pain in my hands, feet, and legs. My doctor has prescribed REGABA-BM for me for the last 2 years and says i

I have diabetes and neuropathy with severe pain in my hands, feet, and legs. My doctor has prescribed REGABA-BM for me f...

Someone please help me I have chronic pain in my lower back and both legs

I quit trying to get help in Arkansas and haven't tried going any where else because doctors seem like they are afra...

chronic back pain doctors who help with treating spinal stenosis

I've been suffering with spinal stenosis for many years. Some mornings I can't even get out of bed. I live in Go...

looking for a doctor who will prescribe pain medication chronic back due to lower back injury. Need a doctor in Indiana pennsylvania

Doctor retiring and need a new doctor who will prescribe the pain meds for my back. I injured my lower back in a logging...

Pain patients in Nebraska looking for help with controling thier pain with opiates.

Any one here in Nebraska having a hard time finding a Dr. to control your pain with opiates. Nebraska drs. are some of t...

Sick Cant Move Lost My Doc After 2 Years With Him I Nd A Pain Dr In Nj Plz Help

lost my dr. live in n. j. im sick in pain and cant get out the bed,I trying to find a dr. struggling isnt the word .I wo...

Chronic pain patient with severe anxiety and panic attacks

I'm a patient going to pain management receiving OxyContin for chronic lower back pain and nerve damage in my feet a...

Need doctor who will prescribe methodone for chronic severe pain.

I have a rare kind of polyneuropathy that affects my long nerves. I have had severe chronic pain for over 8 years. My pa...