Varithena OverviewPolidocanol is a local anaesthetic and antipruritic component of ointments and bath additives. It relieves itching caused by eczema and dry skin. It is formed by the ethoxylation of dodecanol. Sclerotherapy Polidocanol is also used as a sclerosant, an irritant injected to treat varicose veins, under the trade names Asclera, Aethoxysklerol and Varithena. Polidocanol causes fibrosis inside varicose veins, occluding the lumen of the ve...
Read more Varithena Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polidocanol
Recent Varithena Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
- Injection: 1%
- Solution: 10mg/2ml (5mg/ml), 180mg/18ml (10mg/ml), 20mg/2ml (10mg/ml), 77.5mg/7.75ml (10mg/ml)
NDC Database Records for Varithena: (4 results)Sorted by National Drug Code
- 60635-107 VarithenaVarithena Kit by Biocompatibles, Inc.
- 60635-111 VarithenaVarithena Kit by Biocompatibles, Inc.
- 60635-118 Varithena Kit by Biocompatibles, Inc.
- 60635-133 Varithena Kit by Biocompatibles, Inc.