Vancocin OverviewVancomycin is an antibiotic medication used to treat a number of bacterial infections. It is recommended intravenously as a treatment for complicated skin infections, bloodstream infections, endocarditis, bone and joint infections, and meningitis caused by methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. Blood levels may be measured to determine the correct dose. Vancomycin is also recommended by mouth as a treatment for severe Clostridium ...
Read more Vancocin Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vancomycin
Recent Vancocin Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
- Capsule: 125mg, 250mg
- For Solution: 25mg/ml, 50mg/ml
- Injection, 10g, 1g, 1g/200ml, 500mg, 500mg/100ml, 5g
- Powder for Reconstitution: 250mg/ml, 500mg/6ml
- Solution: 25mg/ml, 5gm/100ml (50mg/ml)
NDC Database Records for Vancocin: (6 results)Sorted by National Drug Code
- 55154-4650 Vancocin 125 mg Oral Capsule by Cardinal Health
- 55154-4651 Vancocin 250 mg Oral Capsule by Cardinal Health
- 62559-310 Vancocin 125 mg Oral Capsule by Ani Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 62559-311 Vancocin 250 mg Oral Capsule by Ani Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 66593-3125 Vancocin 125 mg Oral Capsule by Viropharma
- 66593-3126 Vancocin 250 mg Oral Capsule by Viropharma
Other drugs which contain Vancomycin or a similar ingredient: (4 results)
- FIRVANQ Vancomycin Hydrochloride
- STERILE VANCOMYCIN HYDROCHLORIDE
- VANCOCIN IV Vancomycin
- VANCOMYCIN 7 discussions