Tyzine OverviewTetryzoline (also known as tetrahydrozoline) is a drug used in some over-the-counter eye drops and nasal sprays. It was patented in 1954 and came into medical use in 1959. Contents 1 Mechanism of action 2 Side effects 3 Pharmacokinetics 4 Chemistry 5 Society and culture 5.1 Names 5.2 Urban legend 5.3 Criminal use 5.4 Popular culture 6 References Mechanism of action Tetryzoline is an alpha agonist for alpha-2 receptor and imidazoline receptor I-1 agonist. Mainl...
Read more Tyzine Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrahydrozoline
Recent Tyzine Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
- Drops: 0.05%
- Solution: 0.05%, 0.1%, 0.10%
- Solution/drops: 0.025% + 0.3%
- Spray: 0.1%, 0.10%
- Spray, Metered: 0.1%
NDC Database Records for Tyzine: (1 result)Sorted by National Drug Code
- 10337-476 Tyzine 1 mg/ml Nasal Solution by Pharmaderm a Division of Fougera Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Other drugs which contain Tetrahydrozoline or a similar ingredient: (11 results)
- COLLYRIUM FRESH Tetrahydrozoline
- EYE DROPS Tetrahydrozoline44 discussions
- EYESINE Tetrahydrozoline
- GENEYE Tetrahydrozoline
- MALLAZINE EYE DROPS Tetrahydrozoline
- MURINE PLUS Tetrahydrozoline1 discussion
- OPTIGENE Tetrahydrozoline
- TETRASINE Tetrahydrozoline
- VISINE Tetrahydrozoline5 discussions
- VISINE MOISTURIZING Tetrahydrozoline