Tolazamide OverviewTolazamide is an oral blood glucose lowering drug used for people with Type 2 diabetes. It is part of the sulfonylurea family (ATC A10BB). Synthesis para-Toluenesulfonamide is converted to its carbamate with ethyl chloroformate in the presence of a base. Heating that intermediate with azepane leads to the displacement of the ethoxy group and the formation of tolazemide: Tolazemide synthesis: U.S. Patent 3,063,903 GB 887886 DE 1196200 References ...
Read more Tolazamide Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tolazamide
Recent Tolazamide Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
- Tablet: 100mg, 250mg, 500mg
NDC Database Records for Tolazamide: (7 results)Sorted by National Drug Code
- 0378-0217 Tolazamide 250 mg Oral Tablet by Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- 0378-0551 Tolazamide 500 mg Oral Tablet by Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- 53489-151 Tolazamide 100 mg Oral Tablet by Mutual Pharmaceutical Company, Inc
- 53489-152 Tolazamide 250 mg Oral Tablet by Mutual Pharmaceutical Company, Inc
- 53489-153 Tolazamide 500 mg Oral Tablet by Mutual Pharmaceutical Company, Inc
- 55289-265 Tolazamide 250 mg Oral Tablet by Pd-rx Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 68084-556 Tolazamide 250 mg Oral Tablet by American Health Packaging
Other drugs which contain Tolazamide or a similar ingredient: (1 result)
- TOLINASE Tolazamide