Qutenza OverviewCapsaicin (8-methyl-N-vanillyl-6-nonenamide) is an active component of chili peppers, which are plants belonging to the genus Capsicum. It is a chemical irritant for mammals, including humans, and produces a sensation of burning in any tissue with which it comes into contact. Capsaicin and several related compounds are called capsaicinoids and are produced as secondary metabolites by chili peppers, probably as deterrents against certain mammals and fungi. Pure capsaicin is ...
Read more Qutenza Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capsaicin
Recent Qutenza Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
- Cream: 0.025%, 0.075%, 0.25%
- Gel: 0.025%, 0.075%
- Lotion: 0.025%, 0.075%
- Patch: 8%
NDC Database Records for Qutenza: (5 results)Sorted by National Drug Code
- 10144-928 Qutenza Kit by Acorda Therapeutics, Inc.
- 10144-929 Qutenza Kit by Acorda Therapeutics, Inc.
- 49685-928 Qutenza Kit by Neurogesx, Inc.
- 72512-928 Qutenza Kit by Averitas Pharma Inc
- 72512-929 Qutenza Kit by Averitas Pharma Inc
Other drugs which contain Capsaicin or a similar ingredient: (13 results)
- CAPSAICIN 5 discussions
- ABSORBINE ARTHRITIS STRENGTH PAIN RELIEVING LIQUID Capsaicin + Menthol
- ARTHRICARE ARTHRITIS PAIN RELIEVING RUB Capsaicin + Menthol + Methyl Nicotinate2 discussions
- ARTHRICARE ODOR FREE PAIN RELIEVING RUB Capsaicin + Menthol + Methyl Nicotinate2 discussions
- ARTHRICARE ULTRA ARTHRITIS PAIN RELIEVING RUB Capsaicin + Menthol1 discussion
- CAMPHOR + CAPSAICIN + METHYL SALICYLATE
- CAPSAICIN + MENTHOL
- CAPSAICIN + MENTHOL + METHYL NICOTINATE
- CAPSAICIN + MENTHOL + METHYL SALICYLATE
- CAPSAICIN + TURPENTINE OIL
- HEET LINIMENT Camphor + Capsaicin + Methyl Salicylate2 discussions
- SLOAN'S LINIMENT Capsaicin + Turpentine Oil
- ZIKS ARTHRITIS PAIN RELIEF Capsaicin + Menthol + Methyl Salicylate