Dihydroergotamine OverviewDihydroergotamine (DHE) is an ergot alkaloid used to treat migraines. It is a derivative of ergotamine. It is administered as a nasal spray or injection and has an efficacy similar to that of sumatriptan. Nausea is a common side effect. It has similar actions to the triptans, acting as an agonist to the serotonin receptors and causing vasoconstriction of the intracranial blood vessels, but also interacts centrally with dopamine and adrenergic receptors. It can be used to tr...
Read more Dihydroergotamine Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihydroergotamine
Recent Dihydroergotamine Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
- Injection: 1mg/ml
- Spray: 4mg/ml
- Spray, Metered: 0.5mg/inh, 4mg/ml
NDC Database Records for Dihydroergotamine: (5 results)Sorted by National Drug Code
- 0143-9273 Dihydroergotamine Mesylate 1 mg/ml Intramuscular; Intravenous; Subcutaneous Injection by West-ward Pharmaceuticals Corp
- 0574-0850 Dihydroergotamine Mesylate 1 mg/ml Intramuscular; Intravenous; Subcutaneous Injection, Solution by Paddock Laboratories, LLC
- 25021-609 Dihydroergotamine Mesylate 1 mg/ml Intramuscular; Intravenous; Subcutaneous Injection, Solution by Sagent Pharmaceuticals
- 68682-357 Dihydroergotamine Mesylate 4 mg/ml Nasal Spray by Oceanside Pharmaceuticals
- 70529-030 Dromelate 1 mg/ml Intramuscular; Intravenous; Subcutaneous Injection, Solution by It3 Medical LLC