Gastrointestinal Forums

Recently active Gastrointestinal forums and community discussion threads. Post your question or story about Gastrointestinal and connect with others who have experience with the same medications. No registration is required and your identity remains anonymous.

Popular Threads

Recently Active Discussions

Page of 19    Next Page     New Thread    RSS Feed
altosec tablets uses
altosec tablets what are they used for ## I hv been prescribed Altosec. What is this for ## Unfortunately, since this isn't something available in the U.S., finding information on it is extremely difficult. I can only suggest that you ask your doctor for more information on it. ## I use 1 x Altosec capsule daily (20mg) which is to take away heartburn / reflux associated with a small hiatus hernia that I have. My gastro prescribed it for me. ## does anyone know what colourants are used in Altosec tablets please? I'm allergic to colorants in the azo dye group, mostly reds, browns, orange colours. These capsules are brownish red. ## i will like to know is this tablet also for air in the tummy ## My mother was prescribed Altosec in Cape Town, South Africa earlier this year because s...
Updated 8 hours ago.

Side Effects of Taking Dexilant Long Term?
Does Dexilant keep my body from getting nutrients? Wondering if I need to supplement with something more than Magnesium. Also wondering what studies say about taking it for years? I have a hiatal hernia, so there is no relief in sight for me. ## Hello, Sharon! How are you? I've not seen any reports on that, so far, however I'll do some more searching and post back if I do find anything. As to long-term use, yes, it does increase the risk of hip fractures. It seems that long-term use of all medications that the FDA classifies as proton pump inhibitors can do that. They may also cause side effects, such as nausea, flatulence and stomach pain. How long have you been taking it? Usually, these are only used for a maximum of 16 weeks, before taking a break from them. ## I have been on...
Updated 22 hours ago in Dexilant.

Loose Motion Control Tablet
I am experiencing loose stools 3-4 times in a day. Please advise. ## Have you seen a doctor to get to the root of what is causing your problem? There many different things that can cause you to have frequent bowel movements and the best solution is usually getting to the root of that and correcting the problem. It could be something you are eating, another medication you are taking or any one of several other options. I am not sure what country you are in, so I don't know what's available to you, but in the U.S. we can purchase Loperamide over the counter for assistance with such problems. Learn more: ## i am in tamilnadu in india,i have stomach problem with three to four times motion in a day and also facing pain in left and right side of my stomach at bottom. now i am taking r...
Updated 1 day ago in Loperamide.

how to take nexpro hp kit
My doctor prescribed me nexpro hp kit after an endoscopy but forgot to tell me whether to take it after food or before food. What is the proper procedure for taking the nexpro hp kit? Please help me. ## My Dr prescribed me the nexpro hp kit after reviewing my usg report (showing 1. Antral gastritis 2. Duodenitis). I was advised to take the nexpro hp kit for 2 weeks and on a regimen of 6 tablets per day, but I can't remember/understand when it should be taken?
Updated 16 days ago.

Lomitol for colostomy/stoma patient
Will lomitol harden stools or just slow down quantity and frequency? I have permanent coloscopy (about a foot removed)and some days I poop most of day. I take 2 in am and 2 in pm. Also take Imodium around 6/7 tabs daily. This combination helps but some days I still produce a little at a time. ## I reside in Fort Mill South Carolina. I am going to try reducing the Imodium I take daily and take for Lomotil every day four times daily and perhaps take two Imodium before bed ## It is really hard to say the effect it may have on any given person that tries it. According to NIH reports, for some, it may slow down the amount of bowel movements, and possibly make them more solid, but for others it could actually cause constipation as a side effect. Other side effects may include nausea, dizzines...
Updated 17 days ago in Lomotil.

Is Cyclopam recommended for children?
Hi. My son is 9 years old and he experiences stomach pain quite often. Can he take Cyclopam? If so, how much is recommended for his age?
Updated 18 days ago.

Dexilant with Welchol and no gallbladder
Is it safe to take Dexilant and Welchol together without a gallbladder? Any suggestions or information about possible side effects? ## Most medications can be taken with, or without a gallbladder and there is nothing to worry about, unless your doctor says otherwise. The FDA lists the typical side effects of these medications as possibly including nausea, dizziness, headache, mood swings, stomach pain, flatulence, and joint/muscle aches. Are you on any other medications?
Updated 20 days ago in Dexilant.

Medicare has denied my Dexilant 60mg
Medicare just quit covering my Dexilant prescription and I am having acid reflux horrible again. My dr is trying to get them to approve it because nothing else I've tried ever helped noticably. What other GERD med is most similar to Dexilant? It has to be a generic form, or medicare won't cover it. ## Hello, Cherie! How are you? The reason they don't want to cover it is because it's not available as a generic, but there are several others that are, plus some are available over the counter. Two would be Lansoprazole and Omeprazole, so you may want to ask your doctor about trying them. Is there anything else I can help with? ## I have been denied dexilant too, and cannot get help with payment.Medicare doesn't pay for it, and neither would Florida Blue before I got Medi...
Updated 22 days ago in Dexilant.

Upset stomach after taking Remylin-D
I've been getting stomach pain & my bowels are not clearing which I think may be associated with acidity. I've also been experiencing back pain. Why is this? Please suggest a remedy.
Updated 22 days ago.

Available in uk
I used to take lomotil (co-phenotype) but was unable to get as was told that it was no longer available and GP prescribed alternative. Is lomotil now available again? As of June2016.. ## I take it and have for a few months. Hope this helps
Updated 23 days ago in Lomotil.

Unienzyme tablet usage
I have a belching problem at night during my sleep time. It feels uncomfortable and I also notice a bit of heaviness in my chest. Drinking water, walking and some free-hand exercises arouse the belching, but when I'm passing gas I get relief. May I take unienzyme as a means of treatment?
Updated 24 days ago.

Soothing foods for the stomach
Amox-clav makes me nauseated. What food can I take to ease my stomach? Can I eat yogurts? ## It may help to take it with a small meal, or snack, that can often help prevent the nausea. The FDA lists other typical side effects as possibly including dizziness, headache, non-allergic skin rash, and diarrhea. However, if the label warns you to stay away from dairy products, it would be best to avoid them, since they may prevent you from absorbing the medication, as you should. Has there been any change? What do you usually take it with?
Updated 24 days ago.

Para Que Sirve La Pastilla Dexilant 60 Mg
nese sito saber para que sirve esta pastilla selasdieron ami esposo el tiene deabetis i medijieron que sirben para adelgasar quiero saber sime laspuedo tomarllo ## Tuve algunos problemas para la traducción y la comprensión de su mensaje, así que pido disculpas si mi información no abarcan de hecho a su pregunta. Si no, por favor, después de vuelta y voy a tratar de ayudarle. Sin embargo, Dexilant contiene el ingrediente activo dexlansoprazol, es un inhibidor de la bomba de protones que se administra más comúnmente para el tratamiento de la ERGE. Puede producir efectos adversos, tales como: náuseas, mareos, dolor de estómago y flatulencia. ¿Hay alguna otra pregunta? ## NECESITO S...
Updated 25 days ago in Dexilant.

dexilant concerns
I was given a weeks sample and then a prescription for 60mg. The Dr. made a mistake on the prescription and put down 2xdaily which i fortunately caught before leaving the store. My concern is, a few days into the sample i developed a worsened dry cough, then caught what i thought was the flu, symptoms being respiratory, fever, severe aches in either joint or muscle. Now I am wondering if these are simply some side effects, i have read online it may well be. I am looking to find an alternative with less flu like side effects, any suggestions? thanx
Updated 27 days ago in Dexilant.

hiatal hernia treatment advice
I have taken Omeprazole for two weeks. I am told not to exceed this time frame, but I still need treatment. What should I do? ## You may need to take a longer course of treatment, it can be prescribed for up to 4 months, at a time, but you should not do so without doctor's approval. The FDA lists its typical side effects as possibly including nausea, dizziness, flatulence, diarrhea, and stomach pain. Are you on any other medications? Have they had you try anything else to treat it?
Updated 27 days ago.

Strongyloides Treatment
Does anyone have a diagnosis of Strongyloides / Disseminated? If so, how are you dealing with it?
Updated 1 month ago.

L Dofer
what is the use of l-doper ## I want to know information about the drug which is prescribed to me. ## L-Doper contains Loperamide, which is a drug used to treat loose motions. ## My dog ate those any problem will she face She ate l dofer capsules 2 of them
Updated 1 month ago in Loperamide.

nexpro rd 40mg - duration of treatment
I have been a GERD patient for one year and I've been taking macrobonic N science pills for 15 years. I am also taking an antacid but felt no relief from that. I then tried nexpro rd 40mg for 20 days and I am feeling better. So I want to know how long I can continue this treatment? Please suggest.
Updated 1 month ago.

Can you use Baralgin for stomach cramps?
I have stomach pain before my bowel movements. But after my bowel movement I do not experience pain. Please advise whether Baralgin can help alleviate the pain?
Updated 1 month ago.

white tablet with 610 and v with
round white pill/tablet with 610 on one side and a large V on the other with a lower case d in the middle of the V. tab size of a cert mint ## can anyone tell me what this pill is? ## did you ever find out what it was?? im lookin to find out what this same pill is. but it may be a p in a triangle without a bottom -- not a d in a V.. and the numbers could either read 610 or 019. ## round white pill, no coating, 610 imprinted on one side, p under A on the other side = Simethicone 80mg (antiflatulent, generic name Gas Relief) ## Just to confirm, The pill in question is indeed Simethicone (80 mg;) but the imprint is actually AP 019 which could easily appear as V (with a lower case d in the middle) and the numbers 610. Simethicone belongs to the drug class miscellaneous GI agents and is used...
Updated 1 month ago in Simethicone.

Discuss Gastrointestinal

Discuss: Gastrointestinal

5) Text Verification: *

TRUSTe

Note: All times displayed are GMT - 7.

This information has been independently compiled and is for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice from a qualified healthcare professional; nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. For more details please see the Medical Disclaimer. Site content is Copyright © 2005-2017 MedsChat.com and is protected under U.S. and International Copyright laws. All Rights Reserved. This page was last updated on 21 July 2017.

We are committed to your privacy.

Copyright © 2005-2017 All Rights Reserved. MedsChat® and The People's Medicine Community® are registered trademarks of Limelight Innovations L.L.C.