Nitropress OverviewSodium nitroprusside (SNP), sold under the brand name Nitropress among others, is a medication used to lower blood pressure. This may be done if the blood pressure is very high and resulting in symptoms, in certain types of heart failure, and during surgery to decrease bleeding. It is used by continuous injection into a vein. Onset is typically immediate and effects last for up to ten minutes. Common side effects incl...
Read more Nitropress Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_nitroprusside
Recent Nitropress Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
- Injection: 25mg/ml, 50mg, 50mg/100ml, 50mg/vial
- Solution: 10mg/50ml (0.2mg/ml), 20mg/100ml (0.2mg/ml), 50mg/100ml (0.5mg/ml)
NDC Database Records for Nitropress: (3 results)Sorted by National Drug Code
- 0187-4302 Nitropress 50 mg/2ml Intravenous Injection, Solution, Concentrate by Valeant Pharmaceuticals North America LLC
- 0409-3024 Nitropress 50 mg/2ml Intravenous Injection, Solution, Concentrate by Hospira, Inc.
- 42998-302 Nitropress 50 mg/2ml Intravenous Injection, Solution, Concentrate by Marathon Pharmaceuticals, LLC