Neostigmine OverviewNeostigmine is a medication used to treat myasthenia gravis, Ogilvie syndrome, and urinary retention without the presence of a blockage. It is also used together with atropine to end the effects of neuromuscular blocking medication of the non-depolarizing type. It is given by injection either into a vein, muscle, or under the skin. After injection effects are generally greatest within 30 minutes and last up to 4 hours...
Read more Neostigmine Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neostigmine
Recent Neostigmine Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
- Injection: 0.25mg/ml, 0.5mg/ml, 1mg/ml
- Solution: 10mg/10ml (1mg/ml), 5mg/10ml (0.5mg/ml)
- Tablet: 15mg
NDC Database Records for Neostigmine: (3 results)Sorted by National Drug Code
- 43598-528 Neostigmine .5 mg/ml Intravenous Injection by Dr.reddy's Laboratories Inc
- 43598-529 Neostigmine 1 mg/ml Intravenous Injection by Dr.reddy's Laboratories Inc
- 71872-7178 Neostigmine 1 mg/ml Intravenous Injection by Medical Purchasing Solutions, LLC