Kuvan OverviewTetrahydrobiopterin (BH4, THB), also known as sapropterin (INN), is a cofactor of the three aromatic amino acid hydroxylase enzymes, used in the degradation of amino acid phenylalanine and in the biosynthesis of the neurotransmitters serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine, 5-HT), melatonin, dopamine, norepinephrine (noradrenaline), epinephrine (adrenaline), and is a cofactor for the production of nitric oxide (NO) by the nitric oxide synthases....
Read more Kuvan Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrahydrobiopterin
Recent Kuvan Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
- Powder: 100mg, 100mg/packet, 500mg/packet
- Powder For Oral Solution: 100mg/packet
- Tablet: 100mg
NDC Database Records for Kuvan: (3 results)Sorted by National Drug Code
- 68135-300 Kuvan 100 mg Oral Tablet for 4-8 Oz Oral Solution by Biomarin Pharmaceutical Inc.
- 68135-301 Kuvan 100 mg/1 Oral Powder, for Solution by Biomarin Pharmaceutical Inc.
- 68135-482 Kuvan 500 mg Oral Powder, for Solution by Biomarin Pharmaceutical Inc.