Kalexate OverviewPolystyrene sulfonates are a group of medications used to treat high blood potassium. Effects generally take hours to days. They are also used as to remove potassium, calcium, and sodium from solutions in technical applications. Common side effects include loss of appetite, gastrointestinal upset, constipation, and low blood calcium. These polymers are derived from polystyrene by the addition of sulfonate functional groups. Sodium poly...
Read more Kalexate Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kionex
Recent Kalexate Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
Sodium Polystyrene Sulfonate
- Powder: 15gm/bot, 453.6gm/bot, 454g, 454gm/bot
- Powder for Reconstitution: 100%, 15g/60ml, 4.1meq/g
- Suspension: 15g/60ml, 15gm/60ml, 30g/120ml, 50g/200ml
Other drugs which contain Sodium Polystyrene Sulfonate or a similar ingredient: (3 results)
- KAYEXALATE Sodium Polystyrene Sulfonate1 discussion
- KIONEX Sodium Polystyrene Sulfonate1 discussion
- SODIUM POLYSTYRENE SULFONATE