Cysteamine OverviewCysteamine is a chemical compound that can be biosynthesized in mammals, including humans, by the degradation of coenzyme A. The intermediate pantetheine is broken down into cysteamine and pantothenic acid. It is the biosynthetic precursor to the neurotransmitter hypotaurine. It is a stable aminothiol, i.e., an organic compound containing both an amine and a thiol functional groups. Cysteamine is a white, water-soluble solid. It is ...
Read more Cysteamine Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cysteamine
Recent Cysteamine Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
- Capsule: 150mg, 50mg
- Capsule, Delayed Release: 25mg, 75mg
- Granule: 300mg/packet, 75mg/packet
- Granule, Delayed Release: 300mg, 300mg/packet, 75mg, 75mg/packet
- Solution: 0.44%
- Solution/drops: 0.44%
NDC Database Records for Cysteamine: (2 results)Sorted by National Drug Code
- 49663-001 Procysbi 25 mg Enteric Coated Capsule by Raptor Therapeutics Inc.
- 49663-002 Procysbi 75 mg Enteric Coated Capsule by Raptor Therapeutics Inc.