BuSpar Forums

Recently active BuSpar forums and community discussion threads. Post your question or story about BuSpar and connect with others who have experience with the same medications. No registration is required and your identity remains anonymous.

Page of 3    Next Page     New Thread     RSS Feed
Buspar(busiprone) & false positives - YES, they can happen
I've noticed a-lot of poeple out there are asking about buspar, & false postives.. as well as it's relation to xanax (alprazalam). Let me start off by saying that my husband is prescribed 15mg. buspar (I believe 1 3x a day) along w/some other drugs from his pyschologist such as ambien, and depacote. I can state that I took his buspar during a horrible anxiety/panic attack (also known as busiprone) and I also need to mention I go to a methadone clinic. After taking the buspar, I went to clinic to take my usual drug-screen (also let me mention I was receiving takehomes, only going once every 2 weeks as I'd never failed a drug test), thinking nothing of it as I'd read they don't show up as anything. Well, WRONG for me.. my drug test came back 100% positive for benzo...
Updated 3 days ago.

Xanax vs. Buspar
Yes-what is the major difference between these 2 meds? I have taken xanax for several years. I'm thinking abt. changing to Buspar. Can you switch meds like these without tapering off the xanax. Does Buspar help w/ Panic attacks? ## buspar is for depression and xanax is for anxiety. ## buspar is for depression and xanax is for anxiety. I was wrong buspar is also used for anxiety but it not a Federal drug and it does have addition potutial like xanax ## Hi, I wanted to address the panic attacks you are experiencing. Often panic attacks and anxiety are the body's natural reaction to telling us something has gone wrong that needs to be addressed. It is usually some form of trauma that has happened in our life that creates the panic attacks and anxiety. Medication numbs the symptoms ...
Updated 3 days ago.

Weight Loss Pills For People With Anxiety
I have ADD and anxiety. I can't even try take ADD medicine such as Buspar or Straterra. . What can I take that is easier on me. My symtoms from these medicines include, sweating, hot flashes, rapid heart beat, skin feels like its crawling, etc. I am overweight 217 pounds. I also want to lose weight. What can I take to lose weight and not have bad side effects? ## For anxiety you may do better with one of the medications that is a straight downer, such as a Benzodiazepine like Xanax. Learn more Xanax details here. However, all of the medications that I am aware of for ADD and weight loss are stimulants, so they would cause the same types of symptoms. Have you talked to a doctor about the issues? ## Hi am nandhini my age is 28 weight79 I don't have thyroid doctor suggested me ebex...
Updated 11 days ago.

Is it safe to take buspar 10mg am pm and 0.25mg paxil?
I am already taking 10 mg buspirone 2 times per day and my doc has suggested adding 0.25 mg paxil, to further help with anxiety. Is this safe? Also, please tell me the credentials of the person responding. thanks very much. ## They both can increase your serotonin levels, which can be risky, but they can be taken together, with physician approval and regular monitoring. It's also more prone to occurring with high dosages, these are both very low. BuSpar is classified by the FDA as an anxiolytic. Its typical side effects may possibly include nausea, dizziness, headache and dry mouth. Paxil is classified as an SSRI antidepressant. Its typical side effects may possibly include nausea, dizziness, headache, dry mouth, mood swings and weight changes. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 3 months ago.

Bus par methadone and Zoloft!
Okay so I really need help! I am on 52mg of methadone daily but going down 2 mg monthly to get off it, also taking 100mg Zoloft and my doctor just precribed 10mg buspar three times a day. So my question is; is it safe to take the bus par with my methadone and Zoloft, and how will it make me feel? I'm super paranoid about taking pills and have extreme paranoia and anxiety about like everything now days. PlZ help!!! ## Hi Sumar, According to various drug-interaction-checkers online, there are interactions listed between the following drug combinations that you should be aware of: Buspar + Methadone; taking these two drugs together usually aren't recommended since it can reportedly increase your risk of certain side effects such as confusion, dizziness, lack of coordination, sleepi...
Updated 3 months ago.

does buspar show up positive for benzos
does buspar show up positive for benzos in a urine test ## That said, not it will not show up as anything. However, if you have a prescription, just let them know and you do not have to worry about it. It is not a Benzodiazepine! Do you have any other questions? ## I dont have a rx for xanan but hat it what showed up in my urine I have heard that it is possible it could be from buspar HELP please ## It will not show up because i get them precribed plus i get klonopin prescibed as well and i ran out of my klomopin and got drig tested and no benzos showed up..so no busphar will not show up as anything
Updated 3 months ago.

is buspar like norotin
Is buspar like norotin? Someone told me it is the same. ## Hello, Victoria! How are you? No, they are not the same, they aren't even related medications. BuSpar contains the active ingredient Buspirone, which is classified by the FDA as an anxiolytic. Its typical side effects may possibly include nausea, dizziness, headache, nervousness and insomnia. However, Neurontin is classified as an anticonvulsant that can help with some types of nerve pain and some mood disorders. Its typical side effects may possibly include nausea, dizziness, headache, dry mouth and weight gain. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 3 months ago.

i found a pill in my sons room i need to know what it is
it is a long white pill divided 3 times with a #5 in each block and on the other side is a 56 and a 65 ## Buspar. Non-narcotic anti-anxiety. Some kid a school probabaly giving it out... bet they dont know its non-narcotic. ## I found an oval shape pill in the house that says FF in upper case on one side. The other side does not say any. The size is about Kirkland 600 mg calcium pill size but more oval and thinner. The surface color is faded but has brownish surface after the coating is peeled off. I would be grateful if anyone let me know what it is. ## it is probably a Fishermans Friend pill
Updated 3 months ago.

DRUG TEST
DOES BUSPAR SHOW UP AS A OPIODS IN DRUG TEST ## No, it is not an opiate, nor related to them. ## I really hate when people post stuff when they obvious don't know what they are talking about. Benzodiazepines and opiates are 2 totally different classes of drugs. If you don't know what your talking about quit posting stupid information! !! ## I really hate ignorant people like you, the guy was asking a question because he didn't know. What's the point in a website to ask questions if your going to be an a**hole because someone doesn't know everything.
Updated 4 months ago.

buspar n anger
Does buspars make anyone else angry? ## Hello, Billy! How are you? How long have you been taking it? Sometimes, these anxiolytics can cause symptoms like that for the first few weeks that you are taking them, while your body is adjusting. After 3 to 4 weeks, your body usually adjusts and it starts having its intended effect. Other side effects, as listed by the FDA, may include nausea, dizziness, headache and feeling nervous/excited. However, if you've been taking it for over a month and are still experiencing this, then it may not be the right medication for you and you should speak to your doctor about trying something else.
Updated 5 months ago.

dark intrusive thoughs
hi a few weeks ago I skipped 4 doses of buspar which I thought was interfering with another med but it wasn't I had a melt down so I am back one them what I'd like to know if these thoughts will subside? thank you for your help ## Hello, Fool! How are you? According to the information provided by the NIH, you likely experienced both withdrawal and rebound effects from stopping it abruptly, which could explain why they have been so severe. In theory, they should subside, but it could take a few weeks for things to balance back out. However, don't be afraid to talk to your doctor about it, you may need something else to help, in the meantime, or you might require a dosage adjustment. Have things improved, at all? Side effects to Buspar may include nausea, dizziness, weight cha...
Updated 6 months ago.

Oblong white pill three lines
We found a oblong white pill with three lines on one side no letters or numbers. No idea. ## @Danny, I know most legitimate prescription and over the counter meds are required by law to have letters, numbers, and/or symbols that are indicative of the manufacturer, substance, and dosage. So based on your description, these do come across to me as being some sort of foreign or counterfeit version of a Buspar or Xanax tablet. However, without having any verifiable markings outside of the three lines, you'd probably have to have it analyzed by a lab in order to know for certain. Would you say the lines are more like score lines (divids) or are they actually printed in ink?
Updated 7 months ago.

is a combination of buspar and prothiaden safe
Is it safe to take buspar 15 mg and prothiaden 100 mg daily
Updated 7 months ago.

will buspar and nourontin make you fall a test for benzo
I keep falling for benzo. The only thing I take is buspar and nourontin. I take stackers and over the counter pain reliever pm to.
Updated 7 months ago.

does buspar show up in a drug test
Can buspar show up in a hospital drug screen?
Updated 8 months ago.

Can dosage increase of Buspirone HCL (BuSpar) be felt shortly after 1st new dose?
Is it possible 4 patient who's has been taking 60mg (every morning) of Buspirone regularly for 6+months then, after doctor recommends adding 30mg at night (for limited time to get through sudden situational increase of anxiety) to begin feeling LESS anxiousness within an HOUR of new dose? Or is it just a placebo effect? ## Hello, Christy! How are you? Yes, it is possible. It may not work that way for everyone, but it does for some people. There are even women who suffer from PMS that take a medication such as Prozac just for 2 weeks of the month, because it has enough immediate effect to help them over their worst hormonal days. It really just depends on the person and how their body responds to any given medication. This medication may cause side effects, such as nausea, dizziness,...
Updated 9 months ago.

Why did my po say I cannot take busbar or celexa or any form of anti depressant while I'm drug testing. He called them tsa's. What are tsa's
Po says no to busbar in place of Xanax and also no anti- depresants of any kind while on probation drug screens. He called them tsa's. What are tsa's, I have mental illness and have never been told "we want you to feel all your feelings." I don't understand how they can stop you from non-narcotic medications. Why is this?
Updated 10 months ago.

buspar active ingredient?
what is the chemical ingredient in buspar ## The active ingredient in BuSpar is called Buspirone. It is used primarily as an anxiolytic, but also to a lesser extent as an antidepressant. You can read more details about this medication at: Do you have any other questions or information to add? Please post back if you do... ## Does the medication buspooned have the same active ingredient as benadryl cause my anxiety gets worse when taking Benadryl
Updated 1 year ago.

will buspar give false positive for methamphetamine
my sister took a drug test and it came back positive for methamphetamine.. can it ?
Updated 1 year ago.

Safe Dosages of Buspar
Hi out there! I suffer from a panic disorder and am prescribed Zoloft and Buspar. I recently lost my insurance and have not been able to afford my Zoloft, so needless to say, that I have been going through a type of withdrawal. Which, in turn, brings on wild panic attacks. I've my Buspar becasue it's cheaper. My question is, has anyone ever taken the maximum dosage (60 mg) at once to help with the panic attack. I have to take 20mg three times a day. But, I am really struggling and I wonder if taking 40 or 60 mg at once will calm me down. Thanks for the input and the support ## Hello, Mase! How are you? No, taking that much at once is generally not recommended. Are you getting the generic Zoloft? If so, then it really shouldn't be that expensive. However, if it, then you may ...
Updated 1 year ago.