Drug Index:

BuSpar Forums

Recently active BuSpar forums and community discussion threads. Post your question or story about BuSpar and connect with others who have experience with the same medications. No registration is required and your identity remains anonymous.

Page of 2  Next Page    New Thread     RSS Feed
Xanax vs. Buspar
Yes-what is the major difference between these 2 meds? I have taken xanax for several years. I'm thinking abt. changing to Buspar. Can you switch meds like these without tapering off the xanax. Does Buspar help w/ Panic attacks? ## buspar is for depression and xanax is for anxiety. ## buspar is for depression and xanax is for anxiety. I was wrong buspar is also used for anxiety but it not a Federal drug and it does have addition potutial like xanax ## Hi, I wanted to address the panic attacks you are experiencing. Often panic attacks and anxiety are the body's natural reaction to telling us something has gone wrong that needs to be addressed. It is usually some form of trauma that has happened in our life that creates the panic attacks and anxiety. Medication numbs the symptoms ...
Updated 2 days ago.
   178  Subscribe to thread 186907
Can dosage increase of Buspirone HCL (BuSpar) be felt shortly after 1st new dose?
Is it possible 4 patient who's has been taking 60mg (every morning) of Buspirone regularly for 6+months then, after doctor recommends adding 30mg at night (for limited time to get through sudden situational increase of anxiety) to begin feeling LESS anxiousness within an HOUR of new dose? Or is it just a placebo effect? ## Hello, Christy! How are you? Yes, it is possible. It may not work that way for everyone, but it does for some people. There are even women who suffer from PMS that take a medication such as Prozac just for 2 weeks of the month, because it has enough immediate effect to help them over their worst hormonal days. It really just depends on the person and how their body responds to any given medication. This medication may cause side effects, such as nausea, dizziness,...
Updated 22 days ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 274014
Why did my po say I cannot take busbar or celexa or any form of anti depressant while I'm drug testing. He called them tsa's. What are tsa's
Po says no to busbar in place of Xanax and also no anti- depresants of any kind while on probation drug screens. He called them tsa's. What are tsa's, I have mental illness and have never been told "we want you to feel all your feelings." I don't understand how they can stop you from non-narcotic medications. Why is this?
Updated 29 days ago.
Buspar(busiprone) & false positives - YES, they can happen
I've noticed a-lot of poeple out there are asking about buspar, & false postives.. as well as it's relation to xanax (alprazalam). Let me start off by saying that my husband is prescribed 15mg. buspar (I believe 1 3x a day) along w/some other drugs from his pyschologist such as ambien, and depacote. I can state that I took his buspar during a horrible anxiety/panic attack (also known as busiprone) and I also need to mention I go to a methadone clinic. After taking the buspar, I went to clinic to take my usual drug-screen (also let me mention I was receiving takehomes, only going once every 2 weeks as I'd never failed a drug test), thinking nothing of it as I'd read they don't show up as anything. Well, WRONG for me.. my drug test came back 100% positive for benzo...
Updated 2 months ago.
   30  Subscribe to thread 210580
Is it safe to take buspar 10mg am pm and 0.25mg paxil?
I am already taking 10 mg buspirone 2 times per day and my doc has suggested adding 0.25 mg paxil, to further help with anxiety. Is this safe? Also, please tell me the credentials of the person responding. thanks very much.
Updated 3 months ago.
buspar active ingredient?
what is the chemical ingredient in buspar ## The active ingredient in BuSpar is called Buspirone. It is used primarily as an anxiolytic, but also to a lesser extent as an antidepressant. You can read more details about this medication at: Do you have any other questions or information to add? Please post back if you do... ## Does the medication buspooned have the same active ingredient as benadryl cause my anxiety gets worse when taking Benadryl
Updated 5 months ago.
   2  Subscribe to thread 194593
will buspar give false positive for methamphetamine
my sister took a drug test and it came back positive for methamphetamine.. can it ?
Updated 7 months ago.
Safe Dosages of Buspar
Hi out there! I suffer from a panic disorder and am prescribed Zoloft and Buspar. I recently lost my insurance and have not been able to afford my Zoloft, so needless to say, that I have been going through a type of withdrawal. Which, in turn, brings on wild panic attacks. I've my Buspar becasue it's cheaper. My question is, has anyone ever taken the maximum dosage (60 mg) at once to help with the panic attack. I have to take 20mg three times a day. But, I am really struggling and I wonder if taking 40 or 60 mg at once will calm me down. Thanks for the input and the support ## Hello, Mase! How are you? No, taking that much at once is generally not recommended. Are you getting the generic Zoloft? If so, then it really shouldn't be that expensive. However, if it, then you may ...
Updated 7 months ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 260498
3 years back
Just started taking buspar for anxiety. Have not been eating as much, could loss of appetite come from the buspar. ## Hello, Lori! How are you doing? Yes, it has been known to cause that type of side effect in some people that take it, there have been a few cases where it has gone into full blown anorexia. How long have you been taking it? It should ease up after about 4 to 6 weeks, as your body adjusts to the medication, but I'd suggest checking this out with your doctor to be sure.
Updated 7 months ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 256919
can i take buspar with chantix?
i am taking buspar for anxiety and chantix to quit smoking. ## According to both my physician, psychiatrist, AND pharmacist, yes. I'm currently taking Chantix (Champix here in Canada) with 15mg of buspar 3x daily. However, fair warning. You may find yourself getting brain zaps (Google if you don't know what those are) around the time you take your buspar. It's annoying, but it goes away. However this can be dangerous if you have to drive around the same time, so try and work it so you don't have to. Source: Personal experience
Updated 8 months ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 198301
white oval pill with k84
Was told it was buspar but can't find it in the pill identifier. ## The reason this isn't listed in the pill identifiers is due to the fact that it's an over the counter product. This tablet contains 500mgs of Acetaminophen, it's just a generic or store brand of Extra Strength Tylenol that's used to treat pain, fever and headaches. This medication can be toxic if too much is ingested in any 24 hour period, so please do not exceed a total of 4,000mgs daily. Are there any other questions or concerns? ## I appreciate the response! Thanks so much.
Updated 1 year ago.
   2  Subscribe to thread 247519
side effects
I just took my first Buspirone, would like to hear from anyone on side effects and how long before it worked for you ## I used Buspar for about a year and had good results in reduction of anxiety. The side effects I had were, about half an hour after I took a dose, I got a funny feeling in my head (sort of lightheaded, a little dizzy), and it was quite unpleasant. It lasted about 15 minutes and then went away. I eventually got tired of that feeling and gave it up. ## I AGREE WITH JAMES. I WENT ON BUSPAR FOR 3 WEEKS AND THEN STOPPED. BUT I HAVE NOTICED DIFFERENCE SINCE I DID. AND NOW I JUST STARTED AGAIN. IT KIND OF GIVES A FEELING LIKE YOUR BUZZED ## I notice the same dizziness soon after i take buspar i have to take it before bedtime because i feel so weird. ## i have the same dizzy fe...
Updated 1 year ago.
   5  Subscribe to thread 158864
Is buspar in the benzo family?
Can Buspar show up as a Benzo in a urine screen?? ## No! It is of the piperazine and azapirone chemical classes. It is commonly used to treat anxiety and mental health issues. Read more: Do you have any other questions? ## Yes, it can show up on a urine drug screen. i get drug tested for every drug known to man, and i have honestly "stayed clean" and i take buspar 3 times a day and i failed for benzo's (nerve pills) which is what buspar is primarily used for, anxiety.
Updated 1 year ago.
   2  Subscribe to thread 206395
Buspar Side Effects
I have been taking buspar for about four weeks and for the last week and a half I have had sharp pain in my lower right abdomen and back. Could this be related? ## Hi Mallory, From what I could gather, I think it is related. The following side effects are associated with Buspar (Buspirone): drowsiness UPSET STOMACH vomiting constipation diarrhea STOMACH PAIN headache dry mouth depression excitement fatigue nervousness difficulty sleeping lightheadedness weakness numbness Referenced from: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0000876/#a688005-sideEffects Have you mentioned these side effects to your doctor yet? ## Does anyone else experience bad headaches with Buspar? And if so, do they ever go away?
Updated 1 year ago.
   2  Subscribe to thread 236353
Is Buspar In The benzodiapen family
my wife was on xanax for 20 years and the doctors major side effects took her off and give her.Is this in the bensodiapene family and will it show up in urine test ## No to both questions, it's an anxiolytic in the Azapirone class of medications. Learn more Buspirone details here. What does she have to take a drug test for?
Updated 1 year ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 238425
Buspar False Postives
i have a Health Science 9 panel drug test coming up and i take buspar, topamx and seroquel (and coming off of tramodol and soma after 6 months use due to back injury; all prescribed by a dr.) and i am worried that some or all of these will generate false postives...is this true and if so which ones...how do i prove i am not taking illicit drugs? what's the best way to get off the tramodol and soma without having withdrawls...thanks :) ## Just about any substance or medication can produce a false positive if the drug test is faulty or insufficient. On the cheaper, less reliable tests, it seems anything is possible. To my knowledge, false positives are known to occur on them anywhere from 4 to 50% of the time. If you are truly concerned about a false positive, I would strongly suggest...
Updated 2 years ago.
   2  Subscribe to thread 232888
Weight Loss Pills For People With Anxiety
I have ADD and anxiety. I can't even try take ADD medicine such as Buspar or Straterra. . What can I take that is easier on me. My symtoms from these medicines include, sweating, hot flashes, rapid heart beat, skin feels like its crawling, etc. I am overweight 217 pounds. I also want to lose weight. What can I take to lose weight and not have bad side effects? ## For anxiety you may do better with one of the medications that is a straight downer, such as a Benzodiazepine like Xanax. Learn more Xanax details here. However, all of the medications that I am aware of for ADD and weight loss are stimulants, so they would cause the same types of symptoms. Have you talked to a doctor about the issues?
Updated 2 years ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 235074
What Will Replace Buspar
I take 15mg of buspar 3X a day.Now my pharmacy is telling me there supplier is back logged with orders of buspar,and it will be at least 4 weeks before they will carry it again,and I should find a replacement for it.Does anyone know of a medication I could Use in place of buspar? ## I just wanted to make a change to my former post.It should read "a back log of 4 month's not weeks" Thanks, Rick ## Holy cow, that would be a long time to go without. And as to what else might be able to replace it, there are quite a few antidepressants that can treat anxiety, such as Zoloft, which contains the active ingredient Sertraline. Learn more Zoloft details here. Another option would be a Benzodiazepine, such as Xanax. Learn more Xanax details here. Has your doctor made any suggestions?
Updated 2 years ago.
   2  Subscribe to thread 234318
buspar and anxiety
buspar is amazing ... helps me out with all types of anxiety including panic attacks ... but you have to tell yourself you will be just fine... breath and relax ... I know its scary but if something bad is going to really happen to you ... its going to happn even if you worry ... so why worry? <3 ## Thanks for keeping us posted on how this medication has been working for you! Not many patients post reviews of how they like something and are usually complaining about side effects, so hats off to you on finding something that works! I think your perspective on coping with "panic attacks" is great. If something undesirable is going to happen then there's really no point in trying to get worked up about it; as being in a bad frame of mind may just make the situation worse th...
Updated 2 years ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 230534
Bupar
Will Buspar show up in urine screen? ## Hi Sally, From what I could gather, a standard drug test will generally not test for this drug in your system, but a specific lab test that is looking for it can and will detect the drug. However, if you have a prescription, just let them know prior to your test and you wont have to worry about it anyways. I would actually be more concerned about possibly having a false positive on the drug screen for something else, just because I hear about it happening so often with many other drugs. But other than that you should be fine based on a number of personal reviews I have read on the topic. I hope this helps!
Updated 2 years ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 231214

1  2 Next >>

Discuss BuSpar

Discuss: BuSpar

1) Title / Subject: *
Please use the title to feature the main keywords of your topic.

2) Message: *
Please be as detailed as possible.

3) Your Name: *