BuSpar Forums

Recently active BuSpar forums and community discussion threads. Post your question or story about BuSpar and connect with others who have experience with the same medications. No registration is required and your identity remains anonymous.

Page of 3   Next Page    New Thread     RSS Feed
DRUG TEST
DOES BUSPAR SHOW UP AS A OPIODS IN DRUG TEST ## No, it is not an opiate, nor related to them. ## I really hate when people post stuff when they obvious don't know what they are talking about. Benzodiazepines and opiates are 2 totally different classes of drugs. If you don't know what your talking about quit posting stupid information! !! ## I really hate ignorant people like you, the guy was asking a question because he didn't know. What's the point in a website to ask questions if your going to be an a**hole because someone doesn't know everything.
Updated 2 days ago.

Xanax vs. Buspar
Yes-what is the major difference between these 2 meds? I have taken xanax for several years. I'm thinking abt. changing to Buspar. Can you switch meds like these without tapering off the xanax. Does Buspar help w/ Panic attacks? ## buspar is for depression and xanax is for anxiety. ## buspar is for depression and xanax is for anxiety. I was wrong buspar is also used for anxiety but it not a Federal drug and it does have addition potutial like xanax ## Hi, I wanted to address the panic attacks you are experiencing. Often panic attacks and anxiety are the body's natural reaction to telling us something has gone wrong that needs to be addressed. It is usually some form of trauma that has happened in our life that creates the panic attacks and anxiety. Medication numbs the symptoms ...
Updated 3 days ago.

buspar n anger
Does buspars make anyone else angry? ## Hello, Billy! How are you? How long have you been taking it? Sometimes, these anxiolytics can cause symptoms like that for the first few weeks that you are taking them, while your body is adjusting. After 3 to 4 weeks, your body usually adjusts and it starts having its intended effect. Other side effects, as listed by the FDA, may include nausea, dizziness, headache and feeling nervous/excited. However, if you've been taking it for over a month and are still experiencing this, then it may not be the right medication for you and you should speak to your doctor about trying something else.
Updated 1 month ago.

Buspar(busiprone) & false positives - YES, they can happen
I've noticed a-lot of poeple out there are asking about buspar, & false postives.. as well as it's relation to xanax (alprazalam). Let me start off by saying that my husband is prescribed 15mg. buspar (I believe 1 3x a day) along w/some other drugs from his pyschologist such as ambien, and depacote. I can state that I took his buspar during a horrible anxiety/panic attack (also known as busiprone) and I also need to mention I go to a methadone clinic. After taking the buspar, I went to clinic to take my usual drug-screen (also let me mention I was receiving takehomes, only going once every 2 weeks as I'd never failed a drug test), thinking nothing of it as I'd read they don't show up as anything. Well, WRONG for me.. my drug test came back 100% positive for benzo...
Updated 1 month ago.

dark intrusive thoughs
hi a few weeks ago I skipped 4 doses of buspar which I thought was interfering with another med but it wasn't I had a melt down so I am back one them what I'd like to know if these thoughts will subside? thank you for your help ## Hello, Fool! How are you? According to the information provided by the NIH, you likely experienced both withdrawal and rebound effects from stopping it abruptly, which could explain why they have been so severe. In theory, they should subside, but it could take a few weeks for things to balance back out. However, don't be afraid to talk to your doctor about it, you may need something else to help, in the meantime, or you might require a dosage adjustment. Have things improved, at all? Side effects to Buspar may include nausea, dizziness, weight cha...
Updated 2 months ago.

Oblong white pill three lines
We found a oblong white pill with three lines on one side no letters or numbers. No idea. ## @Danny, I know most legitimate prescription and over the counter meds are required by law to have letters, numbers, and/or symbols that are indicative of the manufacturer, substance, and dosage. So based on your description, these do come across to me as being some sort of foreign or counterfeit version of a Buspar or Xanax tablet. However, without having any verifiable markings outside of the three lines, you'd probably have to have it analyzed by a lab in order to know for certain. Would you say the lines are more like score lines (divids) or are they actually printed in ink?
Updated 2 months ago.

is a combination of buspar and prothiaden safe
Is it safe to take buspar 15 mg and prothiaden 100 mg daily
Updated 3 months ago.

will buspar and nourontin make you fall a test for benzo
I keep falling for benzo. The only thing I take is buspar and nourontin. I take stackers and over the counter pain reliever pm to.
Updated 3 months ago.

does buspar show up in a drug test
Can buspar show up in a hospital drug screen?
Updated 4 months ago.

Can dosage increase of Buspirone HCL (BuSpar) be felt shortly after 1st new dose?
Is it possible 4 patient who's has been taking 60mg (every morning) of Buspirone regularly for 6+months then, after doctor recommends adding 30mg at night (for limited time to get through sudden situational increase of anxiety) to begin feeling LESS anxiousness within an HOUR of new dose? Or is it just a placebo effect? ## Hello, Christy! How are you? Yes, it is possible. It may not work that way for everyone, but it does for some people. There are even women who suffer from PMS that take a medication such as Prozac just for 2 weeks of the month, because it has enough immediate effect to help them over their worst hormonal days. It really just depends on the person and how their body responds to any given medication. This medication may cause side effects, such as nausea, dizziness,...
Updated 5 months ago.

Why did my po say I cannot take busbar or celexa or any form of anti depressant while I'm drug testing. He called them tsa's. What are tsa's
Po says no to busbar in place of Xanax and also no anti- depresants of any kind while on probation drug screens. He called them tsa's. What are tsa's, I have mental illness and have never been told "we want you to feel all your feelings." I don't understand how they can stop you from non-narcotic medications. Why is this?
Updated 5 months ago.

Is it safe to take buspar 10mg am pm and 0.25mg paxil?
I am already taking 10 mg buspirone 2 times per day and my doc has suggested adding 0.25 mg paxil, to further help with anxiety. Is this safe? Also, please tell me the credentials of the person responding. thanks very much.
Updated 8 months ago.

buspar active ingredient?
what is the chemical ingredient in buspar ## The active ingredient in BuSpar is called Buspirone. It is used primarily as an anxiolytic, but also to a lesser extent as an antidepressant. You can read more details about this medication at: Do you have any other questions or information to add? Please post back if you do... ## Does the medication buspooned have the same active ingredient as benadryl cause my anxiety gets worse when taking Benadryl
Updated 10 months ago.

will buspar give false positive for methamphetamine
my sister took a drug test and it came back positive for methamphetamine.. can it ?
Updated 1 year ago.

Safe Dosages of Buspar
Hi out there! I suffer from a panic disorder and am prescribed Zoloft and Buspar. I recently lost my insurance and have not been able to afford my Zoloft, so needless to say, that I have been going through a type of withdrawal. Which, in turn, brings on wild panic attacks. I've my Buspar becasue it's cheaper. My question is, has anyone ever taken the maximum dosage (60 mg) at once to help with the panic attack. I have to take 20mg three times a day. But, I am really struggling and I wonder if taking 40 or 60 mg at once will calm me down. Thanks for the input and the support ## Hello, Mase! How are you? No, taking that much at once is generally not recommended. Are you getting the generic Zoloft? If so, then it really shouldn't be that expensive. However, if it, then you may ...
Updated 1 year ago.

3 years back
Just started taking buspar for anxiety. Have not been eating as much, could loss of appetite come from the buspar. ## Hello, Lori! How are you doing? Yes, it has been known to cause that type of side effect in some people that take it, there have been a few cases where it has gone into full blown anorexia. How long have you been taking it? It should ease up after about 4 to 6 weeks, as your body adjusts to the medication, but I'd suggest checking this out with your doctor to be sure.
Updated 1 year ago.

can i take buspar with chantix?
i am taking buspar for anxiety and chantix to quit smoking. ## According to both my physician, psychiatrist, AND pharmacist, yes. I'm currently taking Chantix (Champix here in Canada) with 15mg of buspar 3x daily. However, fair warning. You may find yourself getting brain zaps (Google if you don't know what those are) around the time you take your buspar. It's annoying, but it goes away. However this can be dangerous if you have to drive around the same time, so try and work it so you don't have to. Source: Personal experience
Updated 1 year ago.

white oval pill with k84
Was told it was buspar but can't find it in the pill identifier. ## The reason this isn't listed in the pill identifiers is due to the fact that it's an over the counter product. This tablet contains 500mgs of Acetaminophen, it's just a generic or store brand of Extra Strength Tylenol that's used to treat pain, fever and headaches. This medication can be toxic if too much is ingested in any 24 hour period, so please do not exceed a total of 4,000mgs daily. Are there any other questions or concerns? ## I appreciate the response! Thanks so much.
Updated 1 year ago.

side effects
I just took my first Buspirone, would like to hear from anyone on side effects and how long before it worked for you ## I used Buspar for about a year and had good results in reduction of anxiety. The side effects I had were, about half an hour after I took a dose, I got a funny feeling in my head (sort of lightheaded, a little dizzy), and it was quite unpleasant. It lasted about 15 minutes and then went away. I eventually got tired of that feeling and gave it up. ## I AGREE WITH JAMES. I WENT ON BUSPAR FOR 3 WEEKS AND THEN STOPPED. BUT I HAVE NOTICED DIFFERENCE SINCE I DID. AND NOW I JUST STARTED AGAIN. IT KIND OF GIVES A FEELING LIKE YOUR BUZZED ## I notice the same dizziness soon after i take buspar i have to take it before bedtime because i feel so weird. ## i have the same dizzy fe...
Updated 2 years ago.

Is buspar in the benzo family?
Can Buspar show up as a Benzo in a urine screen?? ## No! It is of the piperazine and azapirone chemical classes. It is commonly used to treat anxiety and mental health issues. Read more: Do you have any other questions? ## Yes, it can show up on a urine drug screen. i get drug tested for every drug known to man, and i have honestly "stayed clean" and i take buspar 3 times a day and i failed for benzo's (nerve pills) which is what buspar is primarily used for, anxiety.
Updated 2 years ago.