Amoxicillin Forums

Recently active Amoxicillin forums and community discussion threads. Post your question or story about Amoxicillin and connect with others who have experience with the same medications. No registration is required and your identity remains anonymous.

Popular Threads

Recently Active Discussions

Page of 46    Next Page     New Thread    RSS Feed
Amoxicillin with Azithromycin
My husband has strep throat. He was prescribed amoxicillin & is on day 5 of taking them. His fever broke but his throats still looks terrible and is sore. He called his doctor today and they told him to stop taking the amoxicillin if it hasn't worked yet and prescribed him a z pack. I'm a nurse and have always been under the impression that a patient needs to finish the complete course of an antibiotic so they don't build a resistency to it. Should he finish the amoxicillin first instead of just stopping abruptly to start the z pack? ## No, one can switch from one to the other, if their doctor instructs them to do so, there is nothing to worry about. Drug resistance would occur if someone stopped taking all antibiotics, before the infectious bacteria was fully eradicated...
Updated 12 hours ago.

Taking amoxicillin every 6 hours
Hi. I'm supposed to be taking amoxicillin 1000mg in the morning and at night only, but i totally forgot and took it at noon. So should i still take it one more time at night? What should i do?
Updated 1 day ago.

Antibiotic side effects of foul body odor, bad breath and sweating
I'm prescribed Amoxicillin 875mg two times daily x 10 days. I've been on it for a week, but now waking up with a horrendous foul body odor and very bad breath. Initially I thought the odor was external but it's NOT. It was me. Please help. ## It is possible to experience such side effects with almost all medications, since they do have an effect on your body chemistry. However, they should go away, about a week or so, after finishing your course of treatment, according to FDA reports. You may also experience nausea, dizziness, headache, diarrhea, and non-allergic skin rash. Has there been any change? How are you feeling, now?
Updated 1 day ago.

Amoxicillin 875 Clav K 125 Tab For Uti
I have a UTI, I am going crazy, my Dr. can't get me in for four days and there is no way I can take any more of this. I have Amoxicillin 875/ Clav K 125 Tab (whatever that means) that I was prescribed for a sinus infection that went away on its own. Can I use this for my UTI? I have the full prescription right here. Ugh that would be a God send. Cranberry is only keeping some of the pain away. ## Amoxicillin with Clavulanic Acid, the active ingredients in Augmentin, is an antibiotic that is used to treat various types of infections, however, it may not actually help in the case of a UTI. Overuse has caused it to become ineffective for treating these types of infections in a large percentage of people, which is why it is no longer the first choice antibiotic for treating them. The do...
Updated 2 days ago.

Amoxicillin Help
I took two doses of Amoxicillin and have little red bumps and a tingly feeling all over my body. What can I take to counteract it? ## There is a risk that you might be experiencing an allergic reaction, according to NIH warnings, so it would be best to consult your doctor, you may need to switch to a different medication. Other symptoms of an allergic reaction may include body swelling, extreme dizziness, and trouble breathing. Did you experience any other symptoms? How are you doing, now?
Updated 4 days ago.

take amoxicillin three times a day with fluconazole
I have been prescribed amoxicillin 1g 3x a day for 7 days. I am on day 3 and now have a yeast infection. My pharmacist said to take fluconazole (1 pill). Will this be ok to take while still on amoxicillin? ## Yes, they are often prescribed together, when someone is prone to getting yeast infections from antibiotics. Amoxicillin almost always causes one for me, so my doctor usually just prescribes them together from the get go. Your doctor is always the best judge, I can only tell you that they are commonly taken together. The NIH warns that you may experience side effects, such as nausea, dizziness, headache, stomach pain, flatulence, and diarrhea. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 4 days ago.

Amoxicillin for tooth infection
In december I developed bad tooth pain and a sore on the gum in a left molar. I have a heart murmer and my blood press.rose to a high level but was erratic and other times a normal rate. I called a dentist and he said to go to the ER. I did and they prescribed amoxicillin at 500mgs every 8 hrs. The last dose was on Jan3,2013 and by then the tooth problem was gone. I went to a dentist and he found no infections but said a molar on the opposite side which had lost some filling should be repaired soon. I made an appt. with him, but in the meantime it developed a blister near the root and soreness at the gumline. Also I started having erratic BP swings again sometimes 160/105 and resting pulse to 88. When I called he said to cancel his appt and go to the ER again, he didn't think the BP...
Updated 5 days ago.

Will the amoxicillian do the trick?
I have a gum infection and my dentist put me on amoxicillin 500 3Xday. I have been on it for 5 days and the gums look and feel fine but the xray still shows a pocket of infection beside the tooth. The gum drained within 24 hrs. of being on the meds and has not reformed a pus sack on the gum. I only have 2 days left of the prescription. Will it be enough? My dentist thinks the infection was caused by something entering under the gum ( probably popcorn ). Thank you
Updated 7 days ago.

what is moxymax used for
I'm having a chest problem, so can I use moxymax 500? ## Hello, Precious! How are you? This medication is listed as containing Amoxicillin, which is an antibiotic that's used to treat or prevent bacterial infections. The DA lists its typical side effects as possibly including nausea, dizziness, headache, non-allergic skin rash and diarrhea. That said, you should not take it, unless it has been confirmed by a medical practitioner that you have an infection. What types of symptoms are you experiencing? ## Hi. I was diagnosed with Progressive Multiple Scleroses 4 years ago. 5 Days ago i developed severe diaree and fo mitting.Tried all other meds to stop that. Nothing helped. I suspect that i may have a Bacterial infections. Is it advisible to use Moxymax 250 or Flupen 250? Regardle...
Updated 13 days ago.

amoxicillin and oral surgery
My husband was supposed to take 500 mg of Amoxicillin 3 X per day for 7 days prior to oral surgery. He only took 1 per day. Can he still take it 3 times per day after surgery to finish the prescription?
Updated 16 days ago.

how long does amoxicillin last in the refrigerator
My son who is now one year old had an ear infection in April of this year and he is messing with his ears again is it safe for me to give him the amoxicillin I hav its a full bottle I never opened it because I had two of them and only needed to use the one bottle ## Hello, Mary! How are you? What is the expiration date on the bottle? Even though it was refrigerated, liquids tend to degrade faster than solid forms of medications. Thus, if it is past the listed expiration, you should dispose of it and take him to his doctor for a new prescription, if one is needed. The FDA lists the typical side effects of antibiotics as possibly including nausea, dizziness, headache, drowsiness, non-allergic skin rash and diarrhea. Is there anything else I can help with? ## I have a sealed bottle of ammo...
Updated 16 days ago.

amoxicillin to treat cough
can i give mox 250 for my son aged 23 for dry cough. he is also having very slight fever for the last 3 days. ## Hi. Ten days back I experienced a kind is irritation or itching in my throat of which after a had a dry cough which when I breath makes a sound that may be can described as a whoop sound. When I cough nothing comes out which cause My chest to pain. My humble question is than can I use Amoxicillin to cure this? Thanks
Updated 18 days ago.

13 YEAR OLD GRANDSON-EAR INFECTION
Our grandson was prescribed the liquid pink Amoxicillin recently. He is 13 years old and quite capable of swallowing pills. Why would a doctor prescribe this method to someone this age? Also, when the doctor was told that the boy was leaving, the next day, on a trip and there was no way to refrigerate this med, we were told that he would get it in it's powdered form and it could be mixed with sterile water. WTH, why not just prescribe an antibiotic in pill form? I don't understand this kind of stupidity!
Updated 20 days ago.

amoxicilin with contaceptive pill
can amoxicilin interacr with daine 35? ## Yes, it may interfere with its efficacy, according to NIH reports. You may also experience spotting, nausea, dizziness, diarrhea, and PMS-like symptoms. It is always best to use a backup means of protection, until about a week after finishing the antibiotic. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 22 days ago.

Amoxicillin and raised liver enzymes
I was on amoxicillin for 12 days and then I took my last dose in the morning before I went to take a routine blood work and the Dr got the results on Wednesday and he said my enzymes were high in my liver which totally alarmed me. He sent me in for an ultrasound and everything looked normal! Can this antibiotic cause high liver enzymes? And how long does this antibiotic remain in your system? I stopped my last dose on Tuesday of this week. ## Your liver enzymes may be raised any time you are sick, it is your liver that does the most work detoxifying the body, and removing bacteria, or viruses, according to NIH reports. If things were normal via the ultrasound and no other abnormalities have been found, there is not likely a problem. But I am not a doctor, so I can only tell you what cur...
Updated 25 days ago.

Amoxicillin 125mg for signs of a sinus infection
Is it okay to take amoxicillin with signs of a sinus infection? I've been reading other posts regarding treatment for bacterial vs. viral infections. Please confirm. ## That is the main issue, it depends on what has caused the infection, and only a doctor can decide if an antibiotic is appropriate. The FDA lists the typical antibiotic side effects as possibly including nausea, dizziness, headache, diarrhea, and non-allergic skin rash. How often do you get sinus infections?
Updated 25 days ago.

Amox Clav for my dog
my dog has been prescribed amox/clav as the vet says he has very bad teeth and looks infected, im worried about the side effects on him as he is a 14 and a half year old plus he has heart problem and all things about this product say keep away from animals, has anyone else given there dog this product, i just worry about him so much, ## Okay, the first issue is that for an elderly animal, with a heart problem, a dental infection is far, far more dangerous than any medications used to help clear it up. And when they direct you to keep it away from animals, they mean don't let them get ahold of it and eat the whole package, or let them get ahold of ones that aren't prescribed for them. Just like you would need to keep your medications out of reach of small children. This is a gene...
Updated 26 days ago.

Amox-Clav 825-125 MG dosage for dog
What is the dosage for a 40 lb dog with a severe bladder infection? How long does it need to be taken? ## Hi Bunny, From what I could gather, the standard dose of Amoxicillin for dogs is reportedly 5 mg for every pound the dog weighs [administered every 12 hours], or 10 mg per pound [administered every 24 hours]. I haven't come across any specific details concerning the duration of treatment, but I'd imagine that it would differ on a case by case basis depending on the type and severity of the infection. Nevertheless, I think it would ultimately be your safest bet to have a veterinarian determine which dosing regimen to go by after evaluating the dog in person. Hope this helps!
Updated 27 days ago.

amoxicillin pregnant
Hi my name is Joelle, I am 6 weeks pregnant.. my 1st infection (vaginal) started 1 week back..I had high fever so the next I started amoxicllin 500 twice daily and panadol one tablet every 6 hours.. after few days started another infection (sinus) I was using the amoxicillin and panadol one tab every 4 hours as recomended but because the cough got worst the Dr. Advised me today to take 1000mg three times daily and panadol 2 tabs every 3hours.. I am a afraid it's a high dose? I'm having diarrhea since I started amoxicillin (told my Dr.) Please help ## It is always best to follow your doctor's instructions. The NIH lists the typical side effects as possibly including nausea, dizziness, headache, diarrhea, and non-allergic skin rash. Has there been any change? Congratulations o...
Updated 27 days ago.

Amoxicillin for pain and gum infection
How long does it take for Amoxicillin to start to work? I am taking 500mg 3X a day. It's been 2 full days since I started Amoxicillin. I have a gum infection and I'm in extreme pain! I am taking (2) Tylenol #3 every 6-8 hours for the pain. ## According to the U.S. FDA, the generic rule for antibiotics is that if they are working, there shouldn't be any worsening after taking them for a full 24 hours, and you should start to see improvement after a full 3 days of taking them. The FDA lists the typical side effects as possibly including nausea, dizziness, headache, diarrhea, and non-allergic skin rash. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 27 days ago.

Discuss Amoxicillin

Discuss: Amoxicillin

5) Text Verification: *

TRUSTe

Note: All times displayed are GMT - 7.

This information has been independently compiled and is for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice from a qualified healthcare professional; nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. For more details please see the Medical Disclaimer. Site content is Copyright © 2005-2017 MedsChat.com and is protected under U.S. and International Copyright laws. All Rights Reserved. This page was last updated on 22 June 2017.

We are committed to your privacy.

Copyright © 2005-2017 All Rights Reserved. MedsChat® and The People's Medicine Community® are registered trademarks of Limelight Innovations L.L.C.