Zileuton OverviewZileuton (trade name Zyflo) is an orally active inhibitor of 5-lipoxygenase, and thus inhibits leukotrienes (LTB4, LTC4, LTD4, and LTE4) formation, used for the maintenance treatment of asthma. Zileuton was introduced in 1996 by Abbott Laboratories and is now marketed in two formulations by Cornerstone Therapeutics Inc. under the brand names Zyflo and Zyflo CR. The original immediate-release formulation, Zyflo, is taken four times per day. The extended-release formulation, Zyflo CR, is take...
Read more Zileuton Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zileuton
Recent Zileuton Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
- Tablet: 300mg, 600mg
- Tablet, Extended Release: 600mg
NDC Database Records for Zileuton: (6 results)Sorted by National Drug Code
- 24486-902 Zileuton 600 mg Oral Tablet, Extended Release by Aristos Phamaceuticals, Inc.
- 49884-723 Zileuton 600 mg Oral Tablet, Multilayer, Extended Release by Par Pharmaceutical, Inc.
- 64980-206 Zileuton 600 mg Oral Tablet, Extended Release by Rising Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 66993-485 Zileuton 600 mg Oral Tablet, Extended Release by Prasco, LLC
- 68180-169 Zileuton 600 1/1 Oral Tablet, Extended Release by Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 69339-130 Zileuton 600 mg Oral Tablet, Multilayer, Extended Release by Dash Pharmaceutical LLC