Zemplar OverviewParicalcitol (chemically it is 19-nor-1,25-(OH)2-vitamin D2. Marketed by Abbott Laboratories under the trade name Zemplar) is a drug used for the prevention and treatment of secondary hyperparathyroidism (excessive secretion of parathyroid hormone) associated with chronic renal failure. It is an analog of 1,25-dihydroxyergocalciferol, the active form of vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol). Contents 1 Medical uses 2 Adverse effects 2.1 Contraindications 2.2 Interactions 2.3 Overdose 3 Mechanism...
Read more Zemplar Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paricalcitol
Recent Zemplar Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
- Capsule: 1mcg, 1ugm, 2mcg, 2ugm, 4mcg, 4ugm
- Injection: 0.002mg/ml, 0.005mg/ml, 0.01mg/2ml (0.005mg/ml), 0.04mcg/kg To 0.1mcg/kg, 10mcg/2ml, 10mcg/ml, 2mcg/ml, 5mcg/ml
- Solution: 0.002mg/ml (0.002mg/ml), 0.005mg/ml (0.005mg/ml), 0.01mg/2ml (0.005mg/ml)
NDC Database Records for Zemplar: (8 results)Sorted by National Drug Code
- 0074-1658 Zemplar 5 ug/ml Intravenous Injection, Solution by Abbvie Inc.
- 0074-4314 Zemplar 0.002 mg Oral Capsule by Abbvie Inc.
- 0074-4315 Zemplar 0.004 mg Oral Capsule by Abbvie Inc.
- 0074-4317 Zemplar 0.001 mg Oral Capsule by Abbvie Inc.
- 0074-4637 Zemplar 2 ug/ml Intravenous Injection, Solution by Abbvie Inc.
- 0074-9036 Zemplar 1 ug/1 Oral Capsule, Liquid Filled by Abbvie Inc.
- 0074-9037 Zemplar 2 ug/1 Oral Capsule, Liquid Filled by Abbvie Inc.
- 55154-6971 Zemplar 0.001 mg Oral Capsule by Cardinal Health
Other drugs which contain Paricalcitol or a similar ingredient: (1 result)
Related Zemplar Topics:
side effects of zemplar