Ucephan OverviewSodium benzoate is a substance which has the chemical formula C6H5COONa. It is a widely used food preservative, with an E number of E211. It is the sodium salt of benzoic acid and exists in this form when dissolved in water. It can be produced by reacting sodium hydroxide with benzoic acid. Contents 1 Production 2 Natural occurrence 3 Uses 3.1 Preservative 3.2 Pharmaceutical applications 3.3 Other uses 4 Mechanism of food preservation 5 Health and safety 5.1 Association with benzene i...
Read more Ucephan Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_benzoate
Recent Ucephan Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
Sodium Benzoate + Sodium Phenylacetate
- Injection: 100mg/ml + 100mg/ml, 10ml + 50ml
- Solution: 10% + 10%, 10% + 10% (5gm/50ml + 5gm/50ml), 100mg/ml + 100mg/ml
- Solution, Solution: 300mg/10ml(30mg/ml),n/a + n/a,12.5gm/50ml(250mg/ml)
- Tablet: 0.398gm + 1.102gm
Drugs with one or more similar ingredients: (5 results)
- AMMONUL Sodium Benzoate + Sodium Phenylacetate
- NITHIODOTE Sodium Nitrite + Sodium Thiosulfate
- OSMOPREP Sodium Phosphate, Dibasic, Anhydrous + Sodium Phosphate, Monobasic, Monohydrate
- SODIUM BENZOATE + SODIUM PHENYLACETATE
- CAFFEINE + SODIUM BENZOATE