Tetrahydrozoline OverviewTetryzoline (also known as tetrahydrozoline) is a drug used in some over-the-counter eye drops and nasal sprays. It was patented in 1954 and came into medical use in 1959. Contents 1 Mechanism of action 2 Side effects 3 Pharmacokinetics 4 Chemistry 5 Society and culture 5.1 Names 5.2 Urban legend 5.3 Criminal use 6 References Mechanism of action Tetryzoline is an alpha agonist for alpha-2 receptor and imidazoline receptor I-1 agonist. Mainly due to its alpha-2 a...
Read more Tetrahydrozoline Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrahydrozoline
Recent Tetrahydrozoline Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
- Drops: 0.05%
- Solution: 0.05%, 0.1%, 0.10%
- Solution/drops: 0.025% + 0.3%
- Spray: 0.1%, 0.10%
- Spray, Metered: 0.1%
NDC Database Records for Tetrahydrozoline: (52 results)Showing the first 20, Sorted by National Drug Code
- 0363-1676 Walgreens Sterile Original Eye Drops .05 mg/10mg Ophthalmic Solution/ Drops by Walgreens Company
- 0363-4550 Walgreens Eye Drops Original 15ml and Twin Pack .05 g/100ml Ophthalmic Liquid by Walgreens Company
- 0363-7298 Walgreens Sterile Original Eye .5 mg/ml Ophthalmic Solution/ Drops by Walgreen Company
- 0482-4770 Tyzine Pediatric .5 mg/ml Nasal Solution by Fougera Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- 0536-1002 Rugby Eye .05 mg/mg Ophthalmic Solution/ Drops by Rugby Laboratories, Inc.
- 0536-1217 Rugby Tetrahydrozoline Ophthalmic Solution .05 g/100ml Ophthalmic Solution/ Drops by Rugby Laboratories
- 0904-2992 Opticlear .5 mg/ml Ophthalmic Solution/ Drops by Major Pharmaceuticals
- 0904-6334 Major Redness Reliever Eye .5 mg/mg Ophthalmic Solution/ Drops by Major Pharmaceuticals
- 10337-477 Tyzine Pediatric .5 mg/ml Nasal Solution by Pharmaderm a Division of Fougera Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- 11716-0002 Goodsense Original Eye Drops .5 mg/ml Ophthalmic Solution by Hanlim Pharm. Co., Ltd.
- 11716-0053 Dg Health Original .5 mg/ml Ophthalmic Solution by Hanlim Pharm. Co., Ltd.
- 11716-0101 Premier Value Original .5 mg/ml Ophthalmic Solution by Hanlim Pharm. Co., Ltd.
- 11716-1168 Walgreens Original Eye Drops .5 mg/ml Ophthalmic Solution by Hanlim Pharm. Co., Ltd.
- 11716-1187 Freds Original Eye Drops .5 mg/ml Ophthalmic Solution by Hanlim Pharm. Co., Ltd.
- 11716-1609 Shopko Original Formula Eye Drops .5 mg/ml Ophthalmic Solution by Hanlim Pharm. Co., Ltd.
- 11716-4708 Leader Original Formula Eye Drops .5 mg/ml Ophthalmic Solution/ Drops by Hanlim Pharm. Co., Ltd.
- 11822-1536 Rite Aid Original Sterile Eye .5 mg/ml Ophthalmic Solution/ Drops by Rite Aid Corporation
- 24385-075 Good Neighbor Pharmacy Eye Drop .05 g/100ml Intraocular Solution/ Drops by Amerisourcebergen Drug Corporation
- 33992-9376 Assured Original Relief Eye .5 mg/ml Ophthalmic Solution by Greenbrier International, Inc.
- 36800-858 Topcare Health Original Eye Drops .05 g/100ml Ophthalmic Solution by Topco Associates LLC
- 32 more results ...
Other drugs which contain Tetrahydrozoline or a similar ingredient: (11 results)
- COLLYRIUM FRESH Tetrahydrozoline
- EYE DROPS Tetrahydrozoline45 discussions
- EYESINE Tetrahydrozoline
- GENEYE Tetrahydrozoline
- MALLAZINE EYE DROPS Tetrahydrozoline
- MURINE PLUS Tetrahydrozoline1 discussion
- OPTIGENE Tetrahydrozoline
- TETRASINE Tetrahydrozoline
- TYZINE Tetrahydrozoline
- VISINE Tetrahydrozoline5 discussions
- VISINE MOISTURIZING Tetrahydrozoline