Tazarotene OverviewTazarotene (marketed as Tazorac, Avage, Zorac, and Fabior) is a third-generation prescription topical retinoid sold as a cream, gel, or foam. Tazarotene is a member of the acetylenic class of retinoids. This medication is approved for treatment of psoriasis, acne, and sun damaged skin (photodamage). It is commonly sold in two concentrations: 0.05% and 0.1%. Contents 1 Mechanism of action 2 Side effects 3 Uses 4 Synthesis 5 Notes Mechanism of action Tazarotene is a retinoid prodrug whi...
Read more Tazarotene Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tazarotene
Recent Tazarotene Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
- Aerosol, Foam: 0.1%
- Cream: 0.05%, 0.1%, 0.10%, 1%
- Foam: 0.1%
- Gel: 0.05%, 0.1%, 0.10%
- Lotion: 0.045%
NDC Database Records for Tazarotene: (8 results)Sorted by National Drug Code
- 0023-9236 Avage 1 mg/g Cutaneous Cream by Allergan, Inc.
- 0168-0454 Tazarotene 1 mg/g Topical Cream by Fougera Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- 0168-0455 Tazarotene Cream Cream 1 mg/g Topical Cream by E. Fougera & Co. a Division of Fougera Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- 0713-0670 Tazarotene 1 mg/g Topical Cream by G&w Laboratories, Inc.
- 51672-1373 Tazarotene 1 mg/g Topical Cream by Taro Pharmaceuticals U.S.a., Inc.
- 51672-1374 Tazarotene 1 mg/g Topical Cream by Taro Pharmaceuticals U.S.a., Inc.
- 60758-556 Tazarotene .5 mg/g Topical Cream by Pacific Pharma, Inc.
- 60758-561 Tazarotene 1 mg/g Topical Cream by Pacific Pharma, Inc.
Other drugs which contain Tazarotene or a similar ingredient: (5 results)
- ARAZLO Tazarotene
- FABIOR Tazarotene
- TAZORAC Tazarotene1 discussion
- DUOBRII Halobetasol Propionate + Tazarotene
- HALOBETASOL PROPIONATE + TAZAROTENE