Synalar OverviewFluocinolone acetonide is a corticosteroid primarily used in dermatology to reduce skin inflammation and relieve itching. It is a synthetic hydrocortisone derivative. The fluorine substitution at position 9 in the steroid nucleus greatly enhances its activity. It was first synthesized in 1959 in the Research Department of Syntex Laboratories S.A. Mexico City. Preparations containing it were first marketed under the name Synalar. A typical do...
Read more Synalar Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluocinolone_acetonide
Recent Synalar Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
- Cream: 0.01%, 0.025%, 0.03%
- Gel: 0.025%, 0.03%
- Implant: 0.18mg, 0.19mg, 0.59mg
- Insert: 0.19mg
- Oil: 0.01%
- Oil/drops: 0.01%
- Ointment: 0.025%, 0.03%
- Shampoo: 0.01%
- Solution: 0.01%
NDC Database Records for Synalar: (5 results)Sorted by National Drug Code
- 43538-900 Synalar .25 mg/g Topical Cream by Medimetriks Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 43538-901 Synalar Topical Kit by Medimetriks Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 43538-910 Synalar .25 mg/g Topical Ointment by Medimetriks Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 43538-911 Synalar Topical Kit by Medimetriks Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 43538-920 Synalar .1 mg/ml Topical Solution by Medimetriks Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Other drugs which contain Fluocinolone or a similar ingredient: (13 results)
- DERMA-SMOOTHE/FS Fluocinolone
- FLAC Fluocinolone Acetonide
- FLUOCINOLONE 4 discussions
- FLUONID Fluocinolone
- FS SHAMPOO Fluocinolone
- ILUVIEN Fluocinolone Acetonide1 discussion
- RETISERT Fluocinolone
- SYNEMOL Fluocinolone
- YUTIQ Fluocinolone Acetonide
- CIPROFLOXACIN + FLUOCINOLONE ACETONIDE
- FLUOCINOLONE + HYDROQUINONE + TRETINOIN
- OTOVEL Ciprofloxacin + Fluocinolone Acetonide
- TRI-LUMA Fluocinolone + Hydroquinone + Tretinoin