Succinylcholine OverviewSuxamethonium chloride, also known as suxamethonium or succinylcholine, is a medication used to cause short-term paralysis as part of general anesthesia. This is done to help with tracheal intubation or electroconvulsive therapy. It is given either by injection into a vein or muscle. When used in a vein onset of action is generally within one minute and effects last for up to 10 minutes. Common side effects include lo...
Read more Succinylcholine Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suxamethonium_chloride
Recent Succinylcholine Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
- Injection: 100mg/ml, 1gm/vial, 20mg/ml, 500mg/vial, 50mg/ml
NDC Database Records for Succinylcholine: (4 results)Sorted by National Drug Code
- 52533-067 Succinylcholine Chloride 20 mg/ml Intravenous Injection, Solution by Cantrell Drug Company
- 70121-1581 Succinylcholine Chloride 20 mg/ml Intramuscular; Intravenous Injection, Solution by Amneal Biosciences LLC
- 70710-1377 Succinylcholine Chloride 20 mg/ml Intramuscular; Intravenous Injection, Solution by Zydus Pharmaceuticals (Usa) Inc.
- 70771-1352 Succinylcholine Chloride 20 mg/ml Intramuscular; Intravenous Injection, Solution by Cadila Healthcare Limited