Sevelamer OverviewSevelamer (rINN) is a phosphate binding medication used to treat hyperphosphatemia in patients with chronic kidney disease. When taken with meals, it binds to dietary phosphate and prevents its absorption. Sevelamer was invented and developed by GelTex Pharmaceuticals. Sevelamer is marketed by Sanofi under the brand names Renagel (sevelamer hydrochloride) and Renvela (sevelamer carbonate). Contents 1 Chemistry and pharmacology 2 Medical uses 3 Contraindications 4 Adverse effects 5 Other eff...
Read more Sevelamer Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sevelamer
Recent Sevelamer Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
- Capsule: 400mg, 403mg
- For Suspension: 2.4gm/packet, 800mg/packet
- Tablet: 400mg, 800mg
NDC Database Records for Sevelamer: (4 results)Sorted by National Drug Code
- 0955-1048 Sevelamer Hydrochloride 800 mg Oral Tablet, Film Coated by Winthrop U.S.
- 60687-449 Sevelamer Hydrochloride 800 mg Oral Tablet, Film Coated by American Health Packaging
- 68462-446 Sevelamer Hydrochloride 400 mg Oral Tablet, Film Coated by Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Inc., USA
- 68462-447 Sevelamer Hydrochloride 800 mg Oral Tablet, Film Coated by Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Inc., USA