Pyrimethamine OverviewPyrimethamine, sold under the brand name Daraprim among others, is a medication used with leucovorin (leucovorin is used to decrease side effects of pyrimethamine; it does not have intrinsic anti-parasitic activity) to treat the parasitic diseases toxoplasmosis and cystoisosporiasis. It is also used with dapsone as a second-line option to prevent Pneumocystis jiroveci pneumonia in people with HIV/AIDS. It was previously used for malari...
Read more Pyrimethamine Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrimethamine
Recent Pyrimethamine Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
- Tablet: 25mg
NDC Database Records for Pyrimethamine: (4 results)Sorted by National Drug Code
- 43598-672 Pyrimethamine 25 mg Oral Tablet by Dr.reddys Laboratories Inc
- 47781-925 Pyrimethamine 25 mg Oral Tablet by Alvogen Inc.
- 48102-026 Pyrimethamine 25 mg Oral Tablet by Fera Pharmaceuticals, LLC
- 72647-330 Pyrimethamine 25 mg Oral Tablet by Oakrum Pharma, LLC
Other drugs which contain Pyrimethamine or a similar ingredient: (3 results)
- DARAPRIM Pyrimethamine1 discussion
- FANSIDAR Pyrimethamine + Sulfadoxine1 discussion
- PYRIMETHAMINE + SULFADOXINE