Protamine OverviewProtamines are small, arginine-rich, nuclear proteins that replace histones late in the haploid phase of spermatogenesis and are believed essential for sperm head condensation and DNA stabilization. They may allow for denser packaging of DNA in the spermatozoon than histones, but they must be decompressed before the genetic data can be used for protein synthesis. However, in humans and maybe other primates, 10-15% of the sperm's genome is packaged by histones thought to bind genes that are es...
Read more Protamine Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protamine
Recent Protamine Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
- Injection: 10mg/ml, 25mg/ml
Other drugs which contain Protamine or a similar ingredient: (5 results)
- INSULIN ASPART + INSULIN ASPART PROTAMINE 2 discussions
- INSULIN LISPRO + INSULIN LISPRO PROTAMINE
- ISULIN ASPART PROTAMINE + INSULIN ASPART
- NOVOLOG MIX 50/50 Isulin Aspart Protamine + Insulin Aspart2 discussions
- PROTAMINE ZINC INSULIN (PZI)