PreviDent OverviewSodium fluoride (NaF) is an inorganic compound with the formula NaF. It is used in trace amounts in the fluoridation of drinking water, in toothpaste, in metallurgy, and as a flux, and is also used in pesticides and rat poison. It is a colorless or white solid that is readily soluble in water. It is a common source of fluoride in the production of pharmaceuticals and is used to prevent dental cavities. In 2017, it was the 247th most commonly prescribed medication in the United States, with mo...
Read more PreviDent Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_fluoride
Recent PreviDent Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
- Aerosol: 1.2%, 1.23%, 2%
- Cream: 1.1%
- Foam: 2%
- Gel: 1%, 1.1%, 1.12%, 2%
- Liquid: 0.05%, 0.1%, 0.125mg/drop, 0.2%, 0.25mg/0.6ml, 0.25mg/drop, 0.5mg, 0.5mg/ml, 1mg, 2%, 2.5mg/ml, 5%
- Lozenge: 1mg
- Paste, 0.008%, 1.1%, 1.23%, 2.4%, 2.4% + 1%, 2.72%, 2.9%
- Powder: 0.05%
- Powder for Reconstitution: 0.2%
- Solution: 0.05%, 0.2%, 0.5mg/ml, 1.24%, 1mg/ml, 2%, 2.50mg/ml, 2.5mg/ml
- Tablet: 0.25mg, 1mg
- Tablet, Chewable: 0.25mg, 0.5mg, 1.1mg, 1mg, 2.2mg, 21mg
NDC Database Records for PreviDent: (3 results)Sorted by National Drug Code
- 0126-0088 Prevident 11 mg/g Dental Gel, Dentifrice by Colgate Oral Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 0126-0179 Prevident 2 mg/ml Dental Mouthwash by Colgate Oral Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 0126-0288 Prevident 11 mg/g Dental Gel, Dentifrice by Colgate Oral Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Other drugs which contain Sodium Fluoride or a similar ingredient: (10 results)
- FLOURIGARD Sodium Fluoride1 discussion
- FLUORINSE Sodium Fluoride
- FLUORITAB Sodium Fluoride
- FLUORODEX Sodium Fluoride
- FLURA-DROPS Sodium Fluoride
- FLURA-TAB Sodium Fluoride
- KARIDIUM Sodium Fluoride
- LURIDE Sodium Fluoride
- PEDIAFLOR Sodium Fluoride
- SODIUM FLUORIDE 2 discussions