Precose OverviewAcarbose (INN) is an anti-diabetic drug used to treat diabetes mellitus type 2 and, in some countries, prediabetes. It is a generic sold in Europe and China as Glucobay (Bayer AG), in North America as Precose (Bayer Pharmaceuticals), and in Canada as Prandase (Bayer AG). It is cheap and popular in China, but not in the U.S. One physician explains the use in the U.S. is limited because it is not potent enough to justify the side effects of diarrhea and flatulence.[2&...
Read more Precose Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acarbose
Recent Precose Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
- Tablet: 100mg, 25mg, 50mg
NDC Database Records for Precose: (5 results)Sorted by National Drug Code
- 43353-908 Precose 50 mg Oral Tablet by Aphena Pharma Solutions - Tennessee, LLC
- 50419-861 Precose 50 mg Oral Tablet by Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- 50419-862 Precose 100 mg Oral Tablet by Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- 50419-863 Precose 25 mg Oral Tablet by Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- 54868-5831 Precose 25 mg Oral Tablet by Physicians Total Care, Inc.