Precedex OverviewDexmedetomidine, sold under the trade name Precedex among others, is an anxiety reducing, sedative, and pain medication. Dexmedetomidine is notable for its ability to provide sedation without risk of respiratory depression (unlike other commonly used drugs such as propofol and fentanyl) and can provide cooperative or semi-rousable sedation. Similar to clonidine, it is a sympatholytic drug that acts an agonist of α2-adrenergic receptors in certain parts of the brain. Ve...
Read more Precedex Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dexmedetomidine
Recent Precedex Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
- Injection: 100mcg/ml, 100mcg/ml (eq100mcg/ml, 100mcg/ml (eq100mcg/ml), 100ugm/ml, 1mg/250ml (4mcg/ml), 200mcg/2ml (100mcg/ml), 200mcg/50ml (4mcg/ml), 400mcg/100ml (4mcg/ml), 80mcg/20ml (4mcg/ml)
NDC Database Records for Precedex: (4 results)Sorted by National Drug Code
- 0409-1434 Precedex 4 ug/ml Intravenous Injection, Solution by Hospira, Inc.
- 0409-1638 Precedex 100 ug/ml Intravenous Injection, Solution, Concentrate by Hospira, Inc.
- 0409-1660 Precedex 4 ug/ml Intravenous Injection, Solution by Hospira, Inc.
- 52584-638 Precedex 100 ug/ml Intravenous Injection, Solution, Concentrate by General Injectables and Vaccines, Inc.