Osmoprep OverviewSodium benzoate is a substance which has the chemical formula C6H5COONa. It is a widely used food pickling agent, with an E number of E211. It is the sodium salt of benzoic acid and exists in this form when dissolved in water. It can be produced by reacting sodium hydroxide with benzoic acid. Contents 1 Production 2 Natural occurrence 3 Uses 3.1 Preservative 3.2 Pharmaceutical applications 3.3 Other uses 4 Mechanism of food preservation 5 Health and safety 5.1 Association with benzene i...
Read more Osmoprep Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_benzoate
Recent Osmoprep Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
Sodium Phosphate, Dibasic, Anhydrous + Sodium Phosphate, Monobasic, Monohydrate
- Injection: 100mg/ml + 100mg/ml, 10ml + 50ml
- Solution: 10% + 10%, 10% + 10% (5gm/50ml + 5gm/50ml), 100mg/ml + 100mg/ml
- Solution, Solution: 300mg/10ml(30mg/ml),n/a + n/a,12.5gm/50ml(250mg/ml)
- Tablet: 0.398gm + 1.102gm
NDC Database Records for Osmoprep: (2 results)Sorted by National Drug Code
- 54868-5889 Osmoprep 1500 mg Oral Tablet by Physicians Total Care, Inc.
- 65649-701 Osmoprep 1500 mg Oral Tablet by Salix Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Drugs with one or more similar ingredients: (4 results)
- AMMONUL Sodium Benzoate + Sodium Phenylacetate
- NITHIODOTE Sodium Nitrite + Sodium Thiosulfate
- SODIUM BENZOATE + SODIUM PHENYLACETATE
- UCEPHAN Sodium Benzoate + Sodium Phenylacetate