Osmoprep OverviewSodium benzoate is the sodium salt of benzoic acid, widely used as a food preservative and pickling agent. A white crystalline chemical with the formula C6H5COONa, it has an E number of E211. It can be produced by reacting sodium hydroxide with benzoic acid. Contents 1 Production 2 Natural occurrence 3 Uses 3.1 As a preservative 3.2 In pharmaceuticals 3.3 Other 4 Mechanism of food preservation 5 Health and safety 5.1 Association with benzene in soft drinks 5.2 Hyperactivity 6 Compend...
Read more Osmoprep Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_benzoate
Recent Osmoprep Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
Sodium Phosphate, Dibasic, Anhydrous + Sodium Phosphate, Monobasic, Monohydrate
- Injection: 100mg/ml + 100mg/ml, 10ml + 50ml
- Solution: 10% + 10%, 10% + 10% (5gm/50ml + 5gm/50ml), 100mg/ml + 100mg/ml
- Solution, Solution: 300mg/10ml(30mg/ml),n/a + n/a,12.5gm/50ml(250mg/ml)
- Tablet: 0.398gm + 1.102gm
NDC Database Records for Osmoprep: (2 results)Sorted by National Drug Code
- 54868-5889 Osmoprep 1500 mg Oral Tablet by Physicians Total Care, Inc.
- 65649-701 Osmoprep 1500 mg Oral Tablet by Salix Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Drugs with one or more similar ingredients: (4 results)
- AMMONUL Sodium Benzoate + Sodium Phenylacetate
- NITHIODOTE Sodium Nitrite + Sodium Thiosulfate
- SODIUM BENZOATE + SODIUM PHENYLACETATE
- UCEPHAN Sodium Benzoate + Sodium Phenylacetate