Osmitrol OverviewMannitol is a type of sugar alcohol which is also used as a medication. As a sugar, it is often used as a sweetener in diabetic food, as it is poorly absorbed from the intestines. As a medication, it is used to decrease pressure in the eyes, as in glaucoma, and to lower increased intracranial pressure. Medically, it is given by injection. Effects typically begin within 15 minutes ...
Read more Osmitrol Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mannitol
Recent Osmitrol Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
- Injection: 10%, 15%, 20%, 25%, 250mg/ml, 5%
- Powder: 10mg, 20mg, 40mg, 5mg, n/a,5mg,10mg,20mg,40mg
- Solution: 5%
NDC Database Records for Osmitrol: (4 results)Sorted by National Drug Code
- 0338-0351 Osmitrol 5 g/100ml Intravenous Injection by Baxter Healthcare Corporation
- 0338-0353 Osmitrol 10 g/100ml Intravenous Injection by Baxter Healthcare Corporation
- 0338-0355 Osmitrol 15 g/100ml Intravenous Injection by Baxter Healthcare Corporation
- 0338-0357 Osmitrol 20 g/100ml Intravenous Injection by Baxter Healthcare Corporation