Mycapssa OverviewOctreotide, sold under the brand name Sandostatin (marketed by Novartis) among others, is an octapeptide that mimics natural somatostatin pharmacologically, though it is a more potent inhibitor of growth hormone, glucagon, and insulin than the natural hormone. It was first synthesized in 1979 by the chemist Wilfried Bauer, and binds predominantly to the somatostatin receptors SSTR2 and SSTR5. It was approved for use in the United States in 1988.[1...
Read more Mycapssa Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octreotide
Recent Mycapssa Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
- Capsule, Delayed Release: 20mg
- Injection: 0.05mg/ml, 0.1mg/ml, 0.2mg/ml, 0.5mg/ml, 1000mcg/ml, 100mcg/ml, 10mg, 1mg/ml, 200mcg/ml, 20mg, 30mg, 500mcg/ml, 50mcg/ml
- Solution: 2.5mg/ml (2.5mg/ml)
NDC Database Records for Mycapssa: (1 result)Sorted by National Drug Code
- 69880-120 Mycapssa 20 mg Oral Capsule, Delayed Release by Chiasma Inc.
Other drugs which contain Octreotide Acetate or a similar ingredient: (4 results)
- BYNFEZIA PEN Octreotide Acetate
- OCTREOTIDE 1 discussion
- OCTREOTIDE ACETATE (PRESERVATIVE FREE) Octreotide Acetate
- SANDOSTATIN Octreotide1 discussion