Melphalan OverviewMelphalan (trade name Alkeran, in former USSR also known as Sarcolysin) is a chemotherapy drug belonging to the class of nitrogen mustard alkylating agents. An alkylating agent adds an alkyl group (CnH2n+1) to DNA. It attaches the alkyl group to the guanine base of DNA, at the number 7 nitrogen atom of the imidazole ring. Otherwise known as L-phenylalanine mustard, or L-PAM, melphalan is a phenylalanine derivative of chlormethine. Contents 1 Mechanism of action 2 Uses 3 Administration 4 S...
Read more Melphalan Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melphalan
Recent Melphalan Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
- Injection: 50mg, 50mg/vial
- Powder: 50mg/vial
- Tablet: 2mg
NDC Database Records for Melphalan: (10 results)Sorted by National Drug Code
- 10139-321 Melphalan Hydrochloride Kit by Generamedix Inc.
- 25021-221 Melphalan Hydrochloride Intravenous Kit by Sagent Pharmaceuticals
- 42023-149 Melphalan Hydrochloride Hydrochloride 50 mg/10ml Intravenous Injection, Powder, Lyophilized, for Solution by Par Pharmaceutical, Inc.
- 43598-392 Melphalan Hydrochloride Intravenous Kit by Dr.reddy's Laboratories Inc
- 45963-686 Melphalan Hydrochloride Intravenous Kit by Actavis Pharma, Inc.
- 47781-200 Melphalan 2 mg Oral Tablet by Alvogen Inc.
- 63323-760 Melphalan Kit by Fresenius Kabi USA, LLC
- 67457-195 Melphalan Hydrochloride Kit by Mylan Institutional LLC
- 67457-215 Melphalan Hydrochloride Kit by Mylan Institutional LLC
- 67457-579 Melphalan Hydrochloride Kit by Mylan Institutional LLC