Mekinist OverviewTrametinib (trade name Mekinist) is a cancer drug. It is a MEK inhibitor drug with anti-cancer activity. It inhibits MEK1 and MEK2. Trametinib had good results for metastatic melanoma carrying the BRAF V600E mutation in a phase III clinical trial. In this mutation, the amino acid valine (V) at position 600 within the BRAF protein has become replaced by glutamic acid (E) making the mutant BRAF protein constitutively active. In May 2013,...
Read more Mekinist Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trametinib
Recent Mekinist Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
Trametinib Dimethyl Sulfoxide
- Tablet: Eq 0.5mg, Eq 0.5mg Non-solvated Parent, Eq 1mg, Eq 1mg Non-solvated Parent, Eq 2mg, Eq 2mg Non-solvated Parent
NDC Database Records for Mekinist: (8 results)Sorted by National Drug Code
- 0078-0666 Mekinist .5 mg Oral Tablet, Film Coated by Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation
- 0078-0668 Mekinist 2 mg Oral Tablet, Film Coated by Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation
- 0173-0848 Mekinist 2 mg (As Trametinib Dimethyl Sulfoxide 2.254 mg) Oral Tablet by Glaxosmithkline LLC
- 0173-0849 Mekinist 0.5 mg (As Trametinib Dimethyl Sulfoxide 0.5635 mg) Oral Tablet by Glaxosmithkline LLC
- 0173-0858 Mekinist 1 mg (As 1.127 Trametinib Dimethyl Sulfoxide mg) Oral Tablet by Glaxosmithkline LLC
- 12064-015 Mekinist .5 mg Oral Tablet, Film Coated by Glaxosmithkline Manufacturing Spa
- 12064-016 Mekinist 1 mg Oral Tablet, Film Coated by Glaxosmithkline Manufacturing Spa
- 12064-017 Mekinist 2 mg Oral Tablet, Film Coated by Glaxosmithkline Manufacturing Spa