Lescol OverviewFluvastatin (INN, trade names Lescol, Canef, Vastin) is a member of the statin drug class, used to treat hypercholesterolemia and to prevent cardiovascular disease. Contents 1 Adverse effects 2 Interactions 3 Pharmacology 3.1 Mechanism of action 3.2 Pharmacodynamics 3.3 Pharmacokinetics 4 Research 5 References Adverse effects Adverse effects are comparable to other statins. Common are nausea, indigestion, insomnia and headache. Myalgia (muscle pain), and rarely ...
Read more Lescol Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluvastatin
Recent Lescol Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
- Capsule: 20mg, 40mg
- Tablet, Extended Release: 80mg
NDC Database Records for Lescol: (5 results)Sorted by National Drug Code
- 0078-0176 Lescol (As Fluvastatin Sodium) 20 mg Oral Capsule by Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation
- 0078-0234 Lescol (As Fluvastatin Sodium) 40 mg Oral Capsule by Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation
- 0078-0354 Lescol XL 80 mg 24 Hr Extended Release Tablet by Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation
- 54868-3329 Lescol (As Fluvastatin Sodium) 20 mg Oral Capsule by Physicians Total Care, Inc.
- 54868-4224 Lescol (As Fluvastatin Sodium) 40 mg Oral Capsule by Physicians Total Care, Inc.
Other drugs which contain Fluvastatin or a similar ingredient: (2 results)
Related Lescol Topics: