Isopto Carpine OverviewPilocarpine is a medication used to treat increased pressure inside the eye and dry mouth. As eye drops it is used for angle closure glaucoma until surgery can be performed, ocular hypertension, open angle glaucoma, and to bring about constriction of the pupil following its dilation. Onset of effects with the drops is typically within an hour and lasts for up to a day. By mouth it is used for dry mouth as a result of ...
Read more Isopto Carpine Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilocarpine
Recent Isopto Carpine Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
- Gel: 4%
- Insert, Extended Release: 20mcg/hr
- Liquid: 0.25%, 0.5%, 2%, 3%, 4%
- Solution: 0.25%, 0.5%, 1%, 2%, 3%, 4%, 5%, 6%, 8%
- Tablet: 5mg, 7.5mg
NDC Database Records for Isopto Carpine: (3 results)Sorted by National Drug Code
- 0998-0203 Isopto Carpine 10 mg/ml Ophthalmic Solution by Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
- 0998-0204 Isopto Carpine 20 mg/ml Ophthalmic Solution by Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
- 0998-0206 Isopto Carpine 40 mg/ml Ophthalmic Solution by Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Other drugs which contain Pilocarpine or a similar ingredient: (7 results)
- OCUSERT Pilocarpine
- PILOCAR Pilocarpine
- PILOCARPINE 4 discussions
- SALAGEN Pilocarpine2 discussions
- E-PILO Pilocarpine + Epinephrine
- P-E, Pilocarpine + Epinephrine
- PILOCARPINE + EPINEPHRINE