Gantanol OverviewSulfamethoxazole (SMZ or SMX) is an antibiotic. It is used for bacterial infections such as urinary tract infections, bronchitis, and prostatitis and is effective against both gram negative and positive bacteria such as Listeria monocytogenes and E. coli. Common side effects include nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, and skin rashes. It is a sulfonamide and bacteriostatic. It resembles a component of folic acid. It prevents folic acid synthesis in the bacteria that must sy...
Read more Gantanol Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sulfamethoxazole
Recent Gantanol Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
- Suspension: 500mg/5ml
- Tablet: 1gm, 500mg
Other drugs which contain Sulfamethoxazole or a similar ingredient: (8 results)
- SULFAMETHOXAZOLE 453 discussions
- BACTRIM Sulfamethoxazole + Trimethoprim, SMX-TMP292 discussions
- CO-TRIMOXAZOLE Sulfamethoxazole + Trimethoprim, SMX-TMP8 discussions
- PURBAC Sulfamethoxazole + Trimethoprim, SMX-TMP118 discussions
- PURBAC DS Sulfamethoxazole + Trimethoprim, SMX-TMP6 discussions
- SEPTRA Sulfamethoxazole + Trimethoprim, SMX-TMP15 discussions
- SULFAMETHOXAZOLE + TRIMETHOPRIM, SMX-TMP 16 discussions
- SULFATRIM Sulfamethoxazole + Trimethoprim, SMX-TMP35 discussions