Gantanol OverviewSulfamethoxazole (SMZ or SMX) is an antibiotic. It is used for bacterial infections such as urinary tract infections, bronchitis, and prostatitis and is effective against both gram negative and positive bacteria such as Listeria monocytogenes and E. coli. Common side effects include nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, and skin rashes. It is a sulfonamide and bacteriostatic. It resembles a component of folic acid. It prevents folic acid synthesis in the bacteria that must sy...
Read more Gantanol Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sulfamethoxazole
Recent Gantanol Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
- Suspension: 500mg/5ml
- Tablet: 1gm, 500mg
Other drugs which contain Sulfamethoxazole or a similar ingredient: (8 results)
- SULFAMETHOXAZOLE 470 discussions
- BACTRIM Sulfamethoxazole + Trimethoprim, SMX-TMP293 discussions
- CO-TRIMOXAZOLE Sulfamethoxazole + Trimethoprim, SMX-TMP9 discussions
- PURBAC Sulfamethoxazole + Trimethoprim, SMX-TMP120 discussions
- PURBAC DS Sulfamethoxazole + Trimethoprim, SMX-TMP7 discussions
- SEPTRA Sulfamethoxazole + Trimethoprim, SMX-TMP15 discussions
- SULFAMETHOXAZOLE + TRIMETHOPRIM, SMX-TMP 17 discussions
- SULFATRIM Sulfamethoxazole + Trimethoprim, SMX-TMP38 discussions