Esbriet OverviewPirfenidone is a medication used for the treatment of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. It works by reducing lung fibrosis through downregulation of the production of growth factors and procollagens I and II. It was first approved in Japan for the treatment of patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis after clinical trials, under the trade name of Pirespa by Shionogi, in 2008. It was approved for use in the European Union in 2011, in Canada in 2012, and in...
Read more Esbriet Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirfenidone
Recent Esbriet Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
- Capsule: 267mg
- Tablet: 267mg, 534mg, 801mg
NDC Database Records for Esbriet: (4 results)Sorted by National Drug Code
- 50242-121 Esbriet 267 mg Oral Capsule by Genentech, Inc.
- 50242-122 Esbriet 267 mg Oral Tablet, Coated by Genentech, Inc.
- 50242-123 Esbriet 801 mg Oral Tablet, Coated by Genentech, Inc.
- 64116-121 Esbriet 267 mg Oral Capsule by Intermune, Inc.