Esbriet OverviewPirfenidone is a medication used for the treatment of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF). It works by reducing lung fibrosis through downregulation of the production of growth factors and procollagens I and II. It was developed by several companies worldwide, including the original patent holder, Marnac, InterMune Inc. (now part of Roche), Shionogi Ltd., and GNI Group Ltd. In 2008, it was first approved in Japan for the treatment of IPF after clinical trials, under the tra...
Read more Esbriet Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirfenidone
Recent Esbriet Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
- Capsule: 267mg
- Tablet: 267mg, 534mg, 801mg
NDC Database Records for Esbriet: (4 results)Sorted by National Drug Code
- 50242-121 Esbriet 267 mg Oral Capsule by Genentech, Inc.
- 50242-122 Esbriet 267 mg Oral Tablet, Coated by Genentech, Inc.
- 50242-123 Esbriet 801 mg Oral Tablet, Coated by Genentech, Inc.
- 64116-121 Esbriet 267 mg Oral Capsule by Intermune, Inc.