Depakene OverviewValproate (VPA) and its valproic acid, sodium valproate, and valproate semisodium forms are medications primarily used to treat epilepsy and bipolar disorder and prevent migraine headaches. They are useful for the prevention of seizures in those with absence seizures, partial seizures, and generalized seizures. They can be given intravenously or by mouth, and the tablet forms exist in both long- and short-acting formulations. Common sid...
Read more Depakene Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valproate_semisodium
Recent Depakene Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
Valproic Acid, Divalproex Sodium
- Capsule: 250mg
- Capsule, Delayed Rel Pellets: eq 125mg valproic acid
- Capsule, Delayed Release : 125mg
- Capsule, Delayed Release: 250mg, 500mg
- Capsule, Extended Release: 250mg
- Injection: 100mg/ml, 500mg/5ml
- Syrup: 250mg/5ml
- Tablet, Delayed Release: 125mg, 250mg, 500mg, eq 125mg valproic acid, eq 250mg valproic acid, eq 500mg valproic acid
- Tablet, Extended Release: 250mg, 500mg, eq 250mg valproic acid, eq 500mg valproic acid
NDC Database Records for Depakene: (4 results)Sorted by National Drug Code
- 0074-5681 Depakene 250 mg Oral Capsule by Abbvie Inc.
- 0074-5682 Depakene 250 mg/5ml Oral Solution by Abbvie Inc.
- 61786-855 Depakene 250 mg Oral Capsule, Liquid Filled by Remedyrepack Inc.
- 70518-1459 Depakene 250 mg Oral Capsule, Liquid Filled by Remedyrepack Inc.