Denavir OverviewPenciclovir is a guanosine analogue antiviral drug used for the treatment of various herpesvirus infections. It is a nucleoside analogue which exhibits low toxicity and good selectivity. Because penciclovir is absorbed poorly when given orally (by mouth) it is more often used as a topical treatment. It is the active ingredient in the cold sore medications Denavir (NDC 0135-0315-52), Vectavir and Fenivir. Famciclovir is a prodrug of penciclovir with improved oral bioavailability. Penciclovir w...
Read more Denavir Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penciclovir
Recent Denavir Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
- Cream: 1%
NDC Database Records for Denavir: (7 results)Sorted by National Drug Code
- 0067-6024 Denavir 10 mg/g Topical Cream by Novartis Consumer Health, Inc.
- 0378-9720 Denavir 10 mg/g Topical Cream by Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- 40076-624 Denavir 10 mg/g Topical Cream by Prestium Pharma, Inc.
- 49349-742 Denavir 10 mg/g Topical Cream by Remedyrepack Inc.
- 50816-624 Denavir 10 mg/g Topical Cream by New American Therapeutics, Inc
- 52125-947 Denavir 10 mg/g Topical Cream by Remedyrepack Inc.
- 54868-4956 Denavir 10 mg/g Topical Cream by Physicians Total Care, Inc.