Cystaran OverviewCysteamine is a chemical compound that can be biosynthesized in mammals, including humans, by the degradation of coenzyme A. The intermediate pantetheine is broken down into cysteamine and pantothenic acid. It is the biosynthetic precursor to the neurotransmitter hypotaurine. It is a stable aminothiol, i.e., an organic compound containing both an amine and a thiol functional groups. Cysteamine is a white, water-soluble solid. It ...
Read more Cystaran Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cysteamine
Recent Cystaran Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
- Capsule: 150mg, 50mg
- Capsule, Delayed Release: 25mg, 75mg
- Granule: 300mg/packet, 75mg/packet
- Granule, Delayed Release: 300mg, 300mg/packet, 75mg, 75mg/packet
- Solution: 0.44%
- Solution/drops: 0.37%, 0.44%
NDC Database Records for Cystaran: (1 result)Sorted by National Drug Code
- 54482-020 Cystaran 6.5 mg/ml Ophthalmic Solution by Sigma-tau Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Other drugs which contain Cysteamine or a similar ingredient: (4 results)
- CYSTADROPS Cysteamine Hydrochloride
- CYSTAGON Cysteamine1 discussion
- PROCYSBI Cysteamine Bitartrate