Buphenyl OverviewSodium phenylbutyrate is a salt of an aromatic fatty acid, 4-phenylbutyrate (4-PBA) or 4-phenylbutyric acid. The compound is used to treat urea cycle disorders, because its metabolites offer an alternative pathway to the urea cycle to allow excretion of excess nitrogen. It is an orphan drug, marketed by Ucyclyd Pharma under the trade name Buphenyl, by Swedish Orphan International (Sweden) as Ammonaps, and by Fyrlklövern Scandinavia...
Read more Buphenyl Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_phenylbutyrate
Recent Buphenyl Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
- Powder: 3g/tsp, 3gm/teaspoonful
- Tablet: 500mg
NDC Database Records for Buphenyl: (6 results)Sorted by National Drug Code
- 62592-188 Buphenyl .94 g/g Oral Powder by Ucyclyd Pharma Inc.
- 62592-496 Buphenyl 500 mg Oral Tablet by Ucyclyd Pharma Inc.
- 75987-060 Buphenyl 500 mg Oral Tablet by Horizon Pharma, Inc.
- 75987-070 Buphenyl .94 g/g Oral Powder by Horizon Pharma, Inc.
- 76325-188 Buphenyl .94 g/g Oral Powder by Hyperion Therapeutics, Inc.
- 76325-496 Buphenyl 500 mg/1 Oral Tablet by Hyperion Therapeutics, Inc.