Altoprev OverviewLovastatin (Merck's Mevacor) is a statin drug, used for lowering cholesterol in those with hypercholesterolemia to reduce risk of cardiovascular disease. Lovastatin is a naturally occurring compound found in low concentrations in food such as oyster mushrooms, red yeast rice, and Pu-erh. Contents 1 Medical uses 2 Side effects 2.1 Contraindications 2.2 Interactions 3 Mechanism of action 4 History 5 Discovery, biochemistry and biol...
Read more Altoprev Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lovastatin
Recent Altoprev Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
- Tablet: 10mg, 20mg, 40mg
- Tablet, Extended Release: 10mg, 20mg, 40mg, 60mg
NDC Database Records for Altoprev: (6 results)Sorted by National Drug Code
- 59630-628 24 Hr Altoprev 20 mg Extended Release Tablet by Shionogi Inc.
- 59630-629 24 Hr Altoprev 40 mg Extended Release Tablet by Shionogi Inc.
- 59630-630 24 Hr Altoprev 60 mg Extended Release Tablet by Shionogi Inc.
- 70515-628 Altoprev 20 mg Oral Tablet, Extended Release by Covis Pharma
- 70515-629 Altoprev 40 mg Oral Tablet, Extended Release by Covis Pharma
- 70515-630 Altoprev 60 mg Oral Tablet, Extended Release by Covis Pharma
Other drugs which contain Lovastatin or a similar ingredient: (4 results)
- LOVASTATIN 33 discussions
- MEVACOR Lovastatin1 discussion
- ADVICOR Lovastatin + Niacin
- LOVASTATIN + NIACIN
Related Altoprev Topics:
Altoprev for diabetes