Altoprev OverviewLovastatin, sold under the brand name Mevacor among others, is a statin medication, to treat high blood cholesterol and reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. Its use is recommended together with lifestyle changes. It is taken by mouth. Common side effects include diarrhea, constipation, headache, muscles pains, rash, and trouble sleeping. Serious side effects may include liver problems, muscle breakdown, and kidn...
Read more Altoprev Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lovastatin
Recent Altoprev Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
- Tablet: 10mg, 20mg, 40mg
- Tablet, Extended Release: 10mg, 20mg, 40mg, 60mg
NDC Database Records for Altoprev: (6 results)Sorted by National Drug Code
- 59630-628 24 Hr Altoprev 20 mg Extended Release Tablet by Shionogi Inc.
- 59630-629 24 Hr Altoprev 40 mg Extended Release Tablet by Shionogi Inc.
- 59630-630 24 Hr Altoprev 60 mg Extended Release Tablet by Shionogi Inc.
- 70515-628 Altoprev 20 mg Oral Tablet, Extended Release by Covis Pharma
- 70515-629 Altoprev 40 mg Oral Tablet, Extended Release by Covis Pharma
- 70515-630 Altoprev 60 mg Oral Tablet, Extended Release by Covis Pharma
Other drugs which contain Lovastatin or a similar ingredient: (4 results)
- LOVASTATIN 34 discussions
- MEVACOR Lovastatin1 discussion
- ADVICOR Lovastatin + Niacin
- LOVASTATIN + NIACIN
Related Altoprev Topics:
Altoprev for diabetes