Comments Submitted Says:

it's supposed to be a steroid, used for arthritis

2 Replies

Earliest Newest Votes
Paul Says:

I think you are talking about Synvisc ?

Was this helpful? 0
Verwon Says:

Thank you, Paul! I was going to ask the same thing, since it is commonly listed as Synvisc One.

It contains the active ingredient hyaluronan, which is a substance that is naturally present in our joints, so the injection is used to help replace it and alleviate arthritic symptoms.

The FDA warns that its side effects may include administration site irritation, redness, and pain.

Can you please double check the name and clarify?

Was this helpful? 0