Advice On Taking Magnesium, Omega 3, Calcium And Iron...?Updated
I'm 17 and I've just started taking Magnesium, Calcium, Omega-3 fish oil and Iron supplements for anxiety/stress, to improve mood, energy and overall health. I've done a bit of research on these but have questions about when and how to take them and want to make sure it's safe to take these everyday until I feel better. Also I would like to know if anyone has any advice and experience on taking one or more of these.
I especially want to take magnesium & omega 3 but I think that calcium and iron will also be helpful. I am not deficient in iron or calcium but I know that I have slightly low levels but doctor said it wouldn't affect me but I would take them anyway.
The calcium I am taking - contains calcium carbonate 1500mg and vitamin D3. Twice a day, to be taken in the morning and evening.
Iron - I am taking Floradix Iron and vitamin tablets with vitamins B1, B2, niacin, B6, B12, C, folic acid & herbal extracts. I have to take two a day before a meal.
Magnesium - The form I am taking is magnesium glycinate (chelate) each pill is 150mg, but I am taking 300mg which is two pills as directed.
Omega 3 fish oil - I am taking two pills which are 1000mg, EPA 380mg, DPA, 220mg. They also contain Vitamin b12 and folic acid. Taken with food.
So, my questions are:
1. Do I take calcium just before or after food or empty stomach?
2. When is the best time to take magnesium? With or without food? Two pills separately or at the same time?
3. When should I take omega 3 fish oil? Take two pills with food together or both seperately?
4. When should I take calcium and iron since you have to take two a day but can't be taken both at the same time, e.g in the morning and evening but iron should be taken before a meal?
5. How far apart should the supplements be taken?
6. Are there any side effects and how long will they last?
7. How long will it take roughly to see the benefits of each of them?
8. Are there any interactions with the supplements? I know calcium and iron should not be taken together and fish oil should not be taken with magnesium. What about magnesium and calcium or any other ones?
9. Is the combination of supplements too much or should I leave out calcium/iron?
It would be helpful if anyone could give me a rough plan on how and when to take these supplements and if there is anything else I should know.
Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
I've been taking 15 mg deplin for nearly 6 months and it seems to be working quite well. I'm a single and disabl...
I now am taking nexium 45 minutes before my first meal of the day. At the next meal I take a calcium/vit D/magnesium sup...3 REPLIES
I was just shown an xray of my shoulder joint (the ball) that showed a calcium deposit creating excruciating pain. Tendi...1 REPLY
This is very helpful. I am 24 and work full time and go to college. I have been taking vyvanse ever since its been on th...2 REPLIES
can anyone give me some help about why my 2m xanax for the past two refills are no longer having the same effect it used...11 REPLIES
My right bicep when fully contracted is painful, where did I go wrong performing my bicep curls, i am not sure, but mayb...1 REPLY
Is this product still on the market? Is it a very good brand? I am not seening it on the website, Thank you. ## Apparent...1 REPLY
I am taking Amitripyline 10mg for migraine, is it ok to take Fluimucil 600mg? ## Hello, Zani! How are you? I didn't ...1 REPLY
hi, I am currently taking (as directed) a combination of oxycodone 30mg (4 daily), zanex 1 mg (one to two daily), somas ...2 REPLIES
i am 43 years old and always feeling so tired. Can i take neurobion forte without medical advice? ## My father is 58 yea...1 REPLY