Parsabiv OverviewEtelcalcetide (formerly velcalcetide, trade name Parsabiv) is a calcimimetic drug for the treatment of secondary hyperparathyroidism in patients undergoing hemodialysis. It is administered intravenously at the end of each dialysis session. Etelcalcetide functions by binding to and activating the calcium-sensing receptor in the parathyroid gland. Contents 1 Medical uses 2 Contraindications 3 Side effects 4 Interactions 5 Pharmacology 5.1 Mechanism of action 6 Chemistry 7 His...
Read more Parsabiv Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etelcalcetide
Recent Parsabiv Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
- Injection: 10mg/2ml, 2.5mg/0.5ml, 5mg/ml
- Solution: 10mg/2ml (5mg/ml), 2.5mg/0.5ml (2.5mg/0.5ml), 5mg/ml (5mg/ml)
NDC Database Records for Parsabiv: (3 results)Sorted by National Drug Code
- 55513-740 Parsabiv 2.5 mg/.5ml Intravenous Injection, Solution by Amgen Inc
- 55513-741 Parsabiv 5 mg/ml Intravenous Injection, Solution by Amgen Inc
- 55513-742 Parsabiv 10 mg/2ml Intravenous Injection, Solution by Amgen Inc