Ganciclovir OverviewGanciclovir (INN) /ænsaklvr/ or DHPG (9-(1,3-dihydroxy-2-propoxymethyl)guanine, alternative spelling: "Gancyclovir") is an antiviral medication used to treat cytomegalovirus (CMV) infections. Ganciclovir sodium is marketed under the trade names Cytovene and Cymevene (Roche). Ganciclovir for ocular use is marketed under the trade name Vitrasert (Bausch & Lomb). A prodrug form with improved oral bioavailability (valganciclovir) has also been developed. Contents 1 Mechanism of ac...
Read more Ganciclovir Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganciclovir
Recent Ganciclovir Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
- Capsule: 250mg, 500mg
- Gel: 0.15%
- Implant: 4.5mg
- Injection: 500mg, 500mg/vial
NDC Database Records for Ganciclovir: (4 results)Sorted by National Drug Code
- 55390-016 Ganciclovir 50 mg/ml Intravenous Injection, Powder, Lyophilized, for Solution by Bedford Laboratories
- 63304-636 Ganciclovir 250 mg/1 Oral Capsule by Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- 63304-637 Ganciclovir 500 mg/1 Oral Capsule by Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- 63323-315 Ganciclovir 500 mg/10ml Intravenous Injection, Powder, Lyophilized, for Solution by App Pharmaceuticals, LLC