Ganciclovir OverviewGanciclovir is an antiviral medication used to treat cytomegalovirus (CMV) infections. A prodrug form with improved oral bioavailability (valganciclovir) has also been developed. Ganciclovir was approved for medical use in 1994. Contents 1 Medical use 2 Adverse effects 2.1 Toxicity 3 Mechanism of action 4 Pharmacokinetics 4.1 Administration 5 References 5.1 Further reading Medical use Ganciclovir is indicated for: Sight-threatening CMV retinitis in severely immunoc...
Read more Ganciclovir Details
Details May Include Instructions, Side Effects, Interactions, Etc. Drug monograph is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License). Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganciclovir
Recent Ganciclovir Forums:Be the first to start a discussion about this drug.
Possible Dosages for this and Related Drugs:
- Capsule: 250mg, 500mg
- Gel: 0.15%
- Implant: 4.5mg
- Injection: 500mg, 500mg/vial
NDC Database Records for Ganciclovir: (5 results)Sorted by National Drug Code
- 0004-6940 Cytovene 500 mg/10ml Intravenous Injection, Powder, Lyophilized, for Solution by Genentech, Inc.
- 55390-016 Ganciclovir 50 mg/ml Intravenous Injection, Powder, Lyophilized, for Solution by Bedford Laboratories
- 63304-636 Ganciclovir 250 mg/1 Oral Capsule by Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- 63304-637 Ganciclovir 500 mg/1 Oral Capsule by Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- 63323-315 Ganciclovir 500 mg/10ml Intravenous Injection, Powder, Lyophilized, for Solution by App Pharmaceuticals, LLC