Vivitrol Forums

Recently active Vivitrol forums and community discussion threads. Post your question or story about Vivitrol and connect with others who have experience with the same medications. No registration is required and your identity remains anonymous.

Page of 1     New Thread     RSS Feed
Nasty taste in mouth from Vivitrol?
I'm taking Vivitrol for opiate suspension. It's working wonders for me...but I have a horrible taste in my mouth....and everything I try to eat or drink doesn't taste as it should. Even brushing my teeth is challenging, because of the taste. Does anyone else have this problem? What did you do? ## Hello, Teri! How are you doing? Sorry about the problem that you're having. Yes, a change in taste is a reported side effect of Vivitrol, along with congestion, fear and lack of appetite. I've had a couple medications that have caused such an issue and the only thing I really found that helped me was to suck on strong candy, or sip cola throughout the day. Have you asked your doctor if they have any solutions? ## Thank you for replying! :) Yes, I've been sipping soda, an...
Updated 9 months ago.
vivitrol shot in northern indiana
Are there any doctors in our area of South Bend, IN, or surrounding towns that prescribe the Vivitrol shot? ## Try Elkhart Family Physicians: 2115 W Lexington Ave Elkhart, IN 46514 574-296-3950 Another Option may be a new facility (not sure if they are open yet): Parkdale Recovery Center 545 West Monitor Street Crown Point IN? 46307 Rigo Garcia is the founder-they are going to service mainly medical professionals. If you have issues and are willing to make a monthly drive there are many options closer to Indy: Indiana Health Group-Jon Butler MD Aziz Pharmacy Clearvista Recovery Associates Sycamore Springs (Lafayette) ## There is a provider in Ft Wayne: Innovative Professional Services, LLC 3464 Stellhorn Road Fort Wayne, Indiana 46815 PHONE: 260-432-6508 ## Thank you very much for your ...
Updated 9 months ago.
what pain meds can you take on vivitrol
WHAT PAIN MEDICATIONS CAN YOU SAFELY TAKE FOR BACK PAIN WHILE YOU ARE ON THE VIVITROL INJ. ## Hello, Phillip! How are you? Naltrexone is listed by the FDA as neutralizing opiates, so the only things you could take that would work are non-narcotic medications, such as NSAIDs. Typical NSAID side effects may include nausea, dizziness, headache, increased risk of bleeding and stomach irritation. What has your doctor recommended?
Updated 10 months ago.
How many days sober do I need before I start on Naltrexol?
Hi- I am supposed to start taking naltrexol and then switching to vivitrol. How many days do i need to be sober before I start Naltrexol? Thank you!
Updated 11 months ago.
vivitrol shot
Has anyone had any luck w this shot for opiate cravings? ## YES, it works great. I was addicted to pain killers for. 3 years and nothing worked. Vivitrol really helped with my cravings and I've been clean 7 months now!!! My family and I are so thankful!
Updated 1 year ago.
Need to hear about anyone's experience with Naltrexzone, Vivatrol, etc.....getting ready to have my son put on it......scared ## son getting started on vivitrol. need info. very exspensive is there a generic form. ## There will not be a generic for awhile. I am very curious how your son made out with injections. I am contimplating same. ## my son wants to be on injections of vivitrol but tells me that the only way to get help is he has to go to rehab? is this true can his primary care doc help him? he is in MA
Updated 5 years ago.
alcoholism ## I need info on Vivitral ## Here's the monograph listing with the relevant information: Vivitrol Info Click Here
Updated 8 years ago.
For Alcoholics, injected once a month to stop drinking
Updated 9 years ago.