Toviaz Forums

Recently active Toviaz forums and community discussion threads. Post your question or story about Toviaz and connect with others who have experience with the same medications. No registration is required and your identity remains anonymous.

Page of 1     New Thread    RSS Feed
Toviaz has stopped working
I have been taking Toviaz for several years with great results. Recently it has stopped working and my old symptoms have returned. I have heard that I can stop taking it and then reintroduce it again at a later date. Does anyone know how long I should leave it off for?
Updated 1 month ago.

Toviaz stopped working after 4 weeks
I started taking Toviaz to help with my frequent urination. It worked great for about 4 weeks but then it lost its effectiveness. My urologist said that that didn't make sense. That's what happened though. He said I hadn't been on it long enough to build up a tolerance to it. Has anyone else who has been on it experienced the loss of effectiveness after such a short period of time? I'm a 45 year old male. ## Hello, Shane! How are you? It is very odd for it to lose effectiveness that fast, but not impossible. That's just what happens with some people. What other medications have you tried to treat this issue? Is it being caused by a prostate issue? If so, worsening of that may also have contributed. ## I had the same experience with Toviaz, Detrol, and Myrbetriq. My d...
Updated 1 year ago.

toviaz 4 mg every other day
has anyone taken toviaz 4 mg every other day to reduce constipation and found it still provides relief? ## has anyone taken toviaz 4 mg daily and then reduced it to every other day to help with the side effect of constipation and found they still get relief for over active bladder? ## Hello, Festus! How are you? Have you tried it, yet? It may be worth trying, if your doctor approves. However, have you tried anything else to alleviate the constipation, such as fiber supplements? The FDA lists the other typical side effects of this medication as possibly including nausea, dizziness and blurred vision.
Updated 2 years ago.

toviaz quit working
After taking for 5 years, toviaz just quit working. Is it normal to build up a resistance? Will it start working again if I keep using it? ## Hello, Corky! How are you? Yes, our bodies will eventually become tolerant to anything that we ingest regularly for a long period of time. There is no precise time frame for it, it varies from person to person, but it is completely normal. And no, you'll most likely need to try a different medication. Taking a break from it, for awhile, may enable to work again for you, in the future. The FDA lists the typical side effects of Toviaz as possibly include nausea, dizziness, blurred vision and dry mouth. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 2 years ago.

can this pill be cut toviaz 8 mg in half
can i cut toviaz 8 mg er in half to take 4 mg? ## Hello, Ivonne! How are you? The ER designates this medication as being time released, so no, you cannot safely cut it, because that may cause you to get too much of the medication, at once, which may result in overdose. The FDA lists this medication as being used to treat overactive bladder. Its typical side effects may possibly include nausea, dizziness, dry mouth, dry eyes and blurred vision. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 2 years ago.

how long does toviaz stay in your system after you quit taking
I have been advised by my doctor to quit taking toviaz. How long will this medication stay in my system? ## I recently had a prostate biopsy. I've been taking anti biotics for an infection. This has gone on for 3 weeks. All this time I've had to urinat often. At nite it seems like every 10 to 15 minuets. My doctor gave me Toviaz to help. Had not taken any Toviaz since summer of last year. I took an 8mg tab last nite at 5:30 and haven't been able to urinat for 9 hours. Will this ware off or should I seek medical help. ## I gave the wrong email address
Updated 2 years ago.

Toviaz 4mg containing Fesoterodine Fumarate, Made by Pfizer Ltd.
Toviaz 4mg tabs were prescribed to me by my Urology Consultant after my TURP operation on 24th March 2014 while I was in U.K. These are for overactive bladder incontinence (men). I am unable to buy or find a Pharmacist who can get these tabs for me in Mumbai. I have tried the Chemists in Princess Street, Mumbai as well. Is there any equivalent brand name available in India? Other tabs like Proazasin are no good for me as they de-hydrate me completely and I faint while walking or standing.
Updated 3 years ago.

Ataxia And Toviaz Side Effects
CAN TOVIAZ TAKEN FOR A FEW YEARS MIMIC SYMPTOMS OF ATAXIA? i AM A PETITE WOMEN OF 95 LBS - 125 LBS (DIFFERENCES DUE TO SURGERIES) ## Medications can effect everyone differently, so I can't really say if something might cause problems down the road. Side effects of this medication can include any of the following: -chest pain, fast or uneven heart rate; -swelling of your hands or feet; -urinating less than usual or not at all; or -painful or difficult urination. -dry mouth, dry eyes; -blurred vision; -dizziness, drowsiness; -constipation; -stomach pain or upset; -cough, dry throat; -back pain; or -sleep problems (insomnia). Comparing the side effects listed here in relation to ataxia symptoms, the only symptoms that I see possible are "having difficulty swallowing" and "l...
Updated 5 years ago.

Side Effects Of Toviaz Primarily If Intense Itching Is Common
My aunt, age 95, recently began taking Toviaz, along with Premarin cream, due to chronic incontinence. These meds helped her greatly, but now she has intense itching in the genital area and also her back. I have taken Premarin and believe it must be due to the Toviaz. Has anyone experienced a lot of itching from that medication? ## I am in the middle of intense itching in my vaginal area and trying to figure out why. I think you have answered my concern. I have been on Toviaz 4 days and the itching has gotten progressly worse until I think I may lose it. ## It is possibly an allergic reaction to the medication. It is warned about in the monographs and you should stop using it and contact your doctor, immediately. Susan, for your aunt, it could be either medication. Even though you didn&...
Updated 6 years ago.

Toviaz
Dr. gave samples of Toviaz to husband for his urinary urgency problem, now husband wants to fill a prescription and after finding out the cost, I don't think we can afford this drug. Is there any other over active bladder meds that are not so pricey?
Updated 6 years ago.

Fesoterodine
How long does Toviaz 8 mg stay in your system? Is it known to contribute to hair loss? thanks!
Updated 7 years ago.

Discuss Toviaz

Discuss: Toviaz

5) Text Verification: *

TRUSTe

Note: All times displayed are GMT - 7.

This information has been independently compiled and is for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice from a qualified healthcare professional; nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. For more details please see the Medical Disclaimer. Site content is Copyright © 2005-2017 MedsChat.com and is protected under U.S. and International Copyright laws. All Rights Reserved. This page was last updated on 3 August 2017.

We are committed to your privacy.

Copyright © 2005-2017 All Rights Reserved. MedsChat® and The People's Medicine Community® are registered trademarks of Limelight Innovations L.L.C.