Drug Index:

Prozac Forums

Recently active Prozac forums and community discussion threads. Post your question or story about Prozac and connect with others who have experience with the same medications. No registration is required and your identity remains anonymous.

Page of 5  Next Page    New Thread     RSS Feed
prozac making me anxious
I started prozac a week ago I also have been taking latuda for about a month and lamictial for over a year. I noticed there's no.way not to that my anxiety is 1,000 x's worse since I started the prozac. I get so anxious for NO reason whatsoever and my heart races. I was wondering if anyone else experienced this and if so how long does it normally last. This is horrible. I was taking it in the am but switched to night and its crazy but it seems to be worse and lasts about 6 hours out of the day. ## Hello, Steph! How are you doing? Yes, Prozac can due that and it usually lasts about 3 weeks, before it eases off and the medication reaches its level of therapeutic efficacy. Side effects may include nausea, dizziness, weight loss and headache. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 20 days ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 274230
Headaches using prozac
Ive been on 40mg. of Prozac for twenty years and would sometimes get a slight headache and would go off Prozac for a few days and go back on it Recently my headaches have gotten a lot worse. I'll go off Prozac for a few days and when I go back on it my headaches are still bad. What should I do.? ## Hello, Nancy! How are you? I am very sorry about the headaches. Prozac can cause headaches as a side effect, but that's usually only for the first month or so, until your body gets used to it. It is not normal for them to occur after you've been on it for awhile. You may just be getting occasional headaches, then actually made the situation worse by assuming they were from the Prozac and going on/off of it. Have you consulted your doctor about this, yet? Do you take any other medi...
Updated 24 days ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 273919
what affects can dhyadrecodine prozac mirtazapine diazepan and morphine theise do to early pregnancy
i take 90mg of dhydrecodine daily, i also take 200mg of fluoxetine, i also take 30 mg of diazepan ,100mg of mirtazipine and 40 mg of morphine daily ,,,,,i have just found out im pregnant what could this medication do to a baby? ## Hello, Ju! How are you? Have you informed your OB Gyn that you're taking these medications? That's what you need to do, so they can check for any risks or problems, as well as make sure you are switched to safer medications. How far along are you?
Updated 25 days ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 271537
anxiety medications that won cause drowsiness
my question is I was on lorazapan for anxiety but the drowsiness got me in trouble is their any anxiety medication that won't cause drowsiness. I told my Dr. not to prescribe it for me anymore. My question is, I need something, is their anything else I can take. ## Hello, Eileen! How are you? I'm very sorry about the problem you've had. You may do better with one of the SSRI antidepressants that can be used to treat anxiety, such as Prozac or Zoloft. They've both been successful at helping many people with anxiety, but since you take them all the time, your body gets used to the medications and the side effects, such as drowsiness, wear off after a few weeks. Other side effects may include nausea, dry mouth and weight changes. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 26 days ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 273570
prozac 10mg will medicade pay for it in new orleans
My daughter has a prescription for Prozac 10 mg and I brought it to Walgreens and was told that Medicade wont pay for it. Can someone please tell me why ?
Updated 28 days ago.
prozac 2 month out of date and i taken 10ml
I had Prozac fluxitine in my fridge and I went in the fridge and picked up the bottle I taken 10ml of it and it tasted funny and wen I looked at the date it was the wrong bottle it was 2 month out of date just askin for some advise really coz feeling abit sick now ## Hello, Serah! How are you? Did you experience any adverse effects? The medication doesn't become toxic, once expired, but the liquid could turn rancid, which can cause nausea and vomiting. The best thing to do, in the future, would be to dispose of the expired medication.
Updated 1 month ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 271631
Prozac and itching
I was removed from an antidepressant coctail 5 years ago and put on Prozac. It works for depression, but I have developed a horrible itching problem which I wonder if may be related to this drug. I have had diagnostics for everything. No rash. Just an increasing inability to tolerate any irritation to skin surface without literally months of horrible itching. I am being tortured to death. Any suggestions/help? ## How long has the itching been occurring? Do you take any other medications? Have you consulted a dermatologist? Itching can occur with Prozac, but it usually happens immediately, not after you've been on it for awhile. ## I have been to every kind of physician. None can figure this out. I itch 24-7. Carry around ice bags and bottles continually. It is getting worse, althoug...
Updated 1 month ago.
   3  Subscribe to thread 272062
list of doctors that prescribe narcotics
I live in small town Santa Fe, TX single mother who is dealing with extreme anxiety issues, such as driving and going into public places with lots of people...when I get around to many people I get so overwhelmed and anxiety goes form zero to 100... I also deal with depression, I can't sleep at night, and when morning comes I don't want to get out of bed. I cry all the time and feel as if I am losing control.. I have two kids to take care of and I need the help. I have dealt with anxiety and depression since I was 15yrs old, but in the last three years it has gone so out of control...i was prescribed xanex for three yrs when I was younger, and it worked for me. Prozac for my depression on the other hand didn't work..i am looking for a Dr. That will see that I am looking for ...
Updated 1 month ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 270942
Prozac Vistaril And Methadone Cause A Positive On Urine Test
I am in a recovery clinic and I recently had a urine test come back positve for benzodiapines. I have taken none. I am going from DR to the lab and even the pharmacy trying to get answers as to why. But I have gotten no help. I am on methadone, prozac,vistatil, trazodone and I recently had a really bad touch of bronchitis and I took over the counter meds. Can someone help? Or tell me where to get my answers!! ## Go to the website below, it will prove by a pharmacist that yes you can test positive for benzo's from Vistaril. justanswer.com/pharmacy/4tb3c-vistaril-cause-false-positive-drug-test-benzos.html ## No, none of the medications you've listed have been known to cause false positives for Benzodiazepines. Learn more Benzodiazepine details here. Do you remember what over the c...
Updated 1 month ago.
   11  Subscribe to thread 237285
Prozac and weight gain
Dr. Just put me on 40mg. Never had it before. But I'm one who sufferes from severe depression, mood swings ect. When I'm depressed I don't eat, maybe for days. Will Prozac help turn it around. ## Unfortunately, no! Prozac actually may cause more weight loss, if you're under weight. It's prone to doing that, rather than causing weight gain. It may also cause dizziness, drowsiness and dry mouth. If you really want something that may help with appetite, you may do better with a different SSRI, such as Zoloft. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 2 months ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 269533
Is Anyone taking prozac with success
Please let me know tapering off viibryd onto prozac no med has worked for me in a year and a half that I'm dealing with severe anxiety fears phobias trauma PTSD related to medical issues I only hope this works please any feedback help I have done therapy inpatient and out patient treatment I also am now prescribed klonopin up to three Mgs daily but it doesn't calm any of this ## Please is anyone using prozac and doing well help please any positive stories ## There's actually a few people on this site who've I seen give feedback after 15+ years of taking Prozac, finally switching to something else for better results. I haven't seen either of them post back lately, although the truth of the matter is, what works for them may not work the same way for anyone else. The e...
Updated 3 months ago.
   2  Subscribe to thread 258441
Aches
I have just had my fluoxetine dose raised to 40mg - actually it's two weeks today. Is anybody else suffering with aches in the arms and feeling of real fatigue? ## Hello, Mabel! How are you feeling? Have things improved, yet? Those side effects usually last about 3 weeks or so, whenever you first start this medication or raise the dosage, but then they tend to taper off and things greatly improve. Other side effects you experience may include nausea, dizziness, headache, dry mouth and weight loss. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 3 months ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 267182
At home drug test
Will my triliptal and prozac make my at home drug test have a positive result. Just a THC test. They showed up when I took my 1st test
Updated 3 months ago.
on 10 mg of prozac
I have been on prozac 10 mg for 14 days and it has helped my anxiety and fear some. I take it at night and do sleep well but sometimes wake up in morning with anxiety and fear, will this get better the longer im on it. I started taking it because I got anxiety after my daughter was born 6 weeks early and is still in hospital. ## Hello, Sak! How are you? I'm sorry about the problems that you're having. You may need to check into raising the dosage, so there is more to stay in your body for a longer period of time, or ask about splitting your dose and taking it twice a day. I take it for the irritability and moodiness that I get from perimenopause and found it works best for me to split my dosage. It will also take about 3 weeks, before it reaches its full efficacy level in your b...
Updated 4 months ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 266012
best medication for menopause symptoms and anxiety
What medications would be best to take for anxiety, depression and menopause symptoms such as hot flashes and night sweats ## Hello, Janice! How are you? Prozac, if your doctor feels that it is safe for you to take, is actually a wonder drug for everything you've listed. For about 3 weeks or so it tends to stir things up a bit, so you may feel worse, but then once your turn the corner and your body adjusts, there's usually a big improvement. Side effects may include nausea, dizziness, headache and weight loss. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 5 months ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 263000
Is Prozac or Neuroten a Benzo
Hello, My daughter is taking Prozac and Neuroten. She keeps testing positive for Benzo in her urine tests. What can be causing it, She has been drug free for 1 1/2 years.
Updated 5 months ago.
Prozac ruined my life
I was on Prozac( fluoxetine) for about 8-9 years starting when I was about 14 years old. I'm 23 now and for about the last two-three years I started getting weird side effects and feelings that I never had before. I would feel spaced out, disoriented, out of body, dizzy, angry, light/visual disturbances and really wishhy washy.. like bi polar feelings and suicidal feelings. I had never had these ever before. I was on the Prozac for severe anxiety and panic attacks. I never had depression or bi polar feeling ever in my life. And I always would get dizzy spells and just feel SOOO spaced out and out of body literally so freaking weird. So when these symptoms started happening I went to numerous docs and they all found nothing wrong physically. Blood tests, ..check up all normal. So I d...
Updated 6 months ago.
   7  Subscribe to thread 247366
will i fail my drug test was taking norvaco and prozac
I have a test tomorrow for a new job and I was told I would fail due to the meds I was taking
Updated 6 months ago.
Bad Prozac Reaction
I took Prozac for mild depression for 5 days. On that 5th night I woke up having a terrible anxiety attack! Went to hospital, Dr said stop taking Prozac. So I did, had another bad attack 5 days later. It has been 24 days since i last took prozac and it's still affecting me, just not as badly. Get smaller anxiety attacks, depressed feelings, nervousness. Anyone else had this experience? How long until I feel back to myself and the drug is out of my system? I know it effects everyone differently. I just want my life back. ## Hello, Amanda! How are you? Like most other antidepressants, Prozac usually makes some symptoms worse for awhile, before it helps. However, many feel that is a good sign that it will help the person greatly, but this is not proven. I take it for Perimenopause symp...
Updated 6 months ago.
   1  Subscribe to thread 261157
blood screening will prozac and zaynax show up as the same medicine
A blood test was taken and I had zaynax and prozac in my system will they show up as same medication? Or different?
Updated 7 months ago.

1  2 3 4 5 Next >>

Discuss Prozac

Discuss: Prozac

1) Title / Subject: *
Please use the title to feature the main keywords of your topic.

2) Message: *
Please be as detailed as possible.

3) Your Name: *