Potassium Levels Forums

Recently active Potassium Levels forums and community discussion threads. Post your question or story about Potassium Levels and connect with others who have experience with the same medications. No registration is required and your identity remains anonymous.

Popular Threads

Recently Active Discussions

Page of 9    Next Page     New Thread    RSS Feed
muscle weakness and tingling of hands and feet
please tell me ways on preventing muscle weakness caused by hypokalemia periodic paralysis ## i want to reduce my ldl cholesterol witch is 132 ,what to do i am? ## Balot, the only real solution for Hypokalemia and the associated problems it causes is to improve the amount of Potassium in your body, by eating more Potassium rich foods and/or taking supplements. Have you seen a doctor for this? And Kumar, what has your doctor advised? There are medications that can help, but they usually require a doctor's prescription, because they can cause side effects. Statin medications are usually the class that is used and they can cause severe joint and muscle pain. ## I feel very weak, whole body, especially my legs. And I get very extremely tired at the slightest a exertion of effort. It...
Updated 1 month ago.

what is the difference between 99 milligrams potassium chloride 20 meq
I was taking potassium cl er 20meq & im out of them so im trying to find something equivalent to that over the counter.how many 99 milligrams of potassium can I take to make 1 20 meq? ## Hello, Melissa! How are you? There is no direct conversion that I can give you. Has your doctor instructed you continue with the Potassium? Because too much of it can also be dangerous, so you shouldn't continue, unless they instruct you to do so. ## original prescription was for pota Chloride 1080 to take two 3 times a day; for some reason pharmacy gave me potassium tabs 10meg. to take 1 three times a day. is it same dosage? ## My husband is taking potassium 20 meq. Today we bought potassium 99mg. Can he take that? What is the equivalent to his 20 meq? ## Is 99mg of potassium more or last then ...
Updated 1 month ago in Potassium Chloride.

yellow round pill with 903 on one side
I found one of these round bright yellow coated pills. It's a bit smaller than a dime. Imprint 903, no mistaking it for any other numbers. No imprint on the other side. Kind of thick. Very curious about what it is? Potassium Chloride Er 10 Meq? ## In my investigation, Potassium Chloride Er 10 Meq has a different pill description altogether. For verification, you can click on the following National Drug Code link [0245-0041] to view a photo and more specific details. Whereabouts did you find this tablet? And is there any reason to believe that it may still contain Potassium Chloride? I'm guess I'm just wondering what made you think that this is what it was, as I'm not able to locate any information on this pill imprint. Does anyone else here recognize this as being someth...
Updated 1 month ago in Potassium Chloride.

KlorCon M20
How many mg are in one KlorCon m20 tablet? ## Klorcon M20 has 20 mEq. Klorcon generic name is potassium chloride. To learn more click on the link below... Do you have any more questions or information to add? Please post back if you do. ## How many miligrams or grams are in Klor-con m20? I have extremely low potassium and have to take 3 per day, I am taking too much? I do not have eat very many foods with potassium so I am not sure. ## Orry, I apparently cannot type today. ## how many millagrams are ic klor - con m 20 ## I would like to know how many mg. are in one IC Klor 20mEq SR-tablet. Thanks! ## I have been taking Klor-Con M20 for several years. It is extremely hard to swallow. More like swallowing a golf ball covered with sand. I searched the internet for a gelcap that I could buy...
Updated 1 month ago in Klor-Con.

Replenishing Low Potassium Levels
I've been taking Klor-Con 10 MEQ for 4 days. How long until you get back to a normal potassium range? Thank you ahead of time for your help. ## It is hard to say, it really depends on how low your level was and how your body responds to the supplement. Generally, when I had to take it, I showed improvement after about a week, but we are all different. The FDA warns that it can be very harsh on the stomach, so it should be taken with food, not on an empty stomach. How are you doing, now? Has there been any change? ## Thank you Verwon for responding. I think I feel better. My leg muscles feel stronger. But I am still dizzy. This happened due to my banking position being displaced and went with a high paying / heavy industrial job with Corning. Its hot, I sweat (12 hr shifts) and I hav...
Updated 2 months ago in Klor-Con.

Klor-Con M10 Potassium tablets (alternative uses)
Has anyone ever tried to use left over potassium tablets in the garden? I hate to just toss them out.
Updated 2 months ago in Klor-Con.

Could I be taking too much potassium?
I was at work one day and my blood pressure dropped to 75/43 so I went to the hospital because I'm normally very healthy and I didn't feel right. So the doctor ran tests and said I have low potassium but didn't say how low just gave me a prescription to take one pill a day of potassium chloride 10meq for 14 days. But somebody was telling me that you can take too much potassium and it could be deadly. What I'm asking is do you think the dr prescribed the right amount for me? And should I follow up with a dr? Sorry my anxiety is getting the best of me just wanna ease my mind a little ## Levels of either too high and too low of potassium can both be fatal (that's why the MD gave you potassium chloride tabs to take). So, yes, you can take too much but if you were already...
Updated 3 months ago in Potassium Chloride.

potassium cl er meq ta and potassium cl tb meq sr mc
What is the difference in the two medicines? I have two prescriptions. One costs nothing for 90 pills; the other one costs $13.37 for 30 pills. Can I take the lower priced medicine? Both potassium cl er and potassium cl tb are 20 meq each. ## Yes, unless your doctor, or pharmacist says otherwise, you can take either or. However, the FDA, does warn that it can cause some nausea due to its potency, so it should be taken with food. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 3 months ago.

pot cl micro tab
what is this medicine and its uses ## Potassium Chloride is a nutritional supplement, used to treat or help prevent a deficiency in this vital nutrient. A lack of it can cause health complications, such as muscle cramps and other illnesses. Read more: Do you have any other questions? ## Can I take potassium cl micro if the fill-date was 8/16/2016?
Updated 4 months ago in Potassium Chloride.

Knot-con choke
I choked on a pill this morning. I couldnt breathe in or out. I gave my self the hiemlich. First on our counter & then over my couch. Scared the crap outta my daughter & my dog. Since I love avocados, I was wondering if I could eat a bunch of those instead. ## You can try it, to see if it helps, as long as your doctor approves. Orange juice and oranges also contain a lot of potassium, according to the FDA and it seems they might be a lot safer for you. Potatoes can also be a great source. How low was your potassium? Are you on any other medications? ## yes, im on other medications. furosemide, spironolactone, a gerd medication & lactulose because im on a liver transplant list. im kind of limbo right now. my meld score is between 10 & 14
Updated 4 months ago in Klor-Con.

potassium chloride 5 mg equivalent
How much mEq would equal 5 mg of potassium? There was a problem with my 12 year old's rx from the dr. He is on it to prevent kidney stones and cant pick it up till like June. I was wondering until then what do i do with the mEq over the counter?
Updated 5 months ago in Potassium Chloride.

Just started on this new drug
I just started this new drug 5 days ago and will try and let everyone know how I do along the way. I have stage 3 ckd with my number of potassium at 5.5. I had been taking Kiotex and it wasn't solving my problem, so my doctor decided to put me on this. Seeing that I am the first one on this forum bothers me....but hoping others will start to respond and we can track each other's progress with this new drug.
Updated 5 months ago in Patiromer.

Potchlor
what is it taken for ## Potassium Chloride is a nutritional supplement given to someone to treat, or prevent low potassium levels. Low levels of this vital nutrient can contribute to, or cause some severe health issues. Learn more: Is there anything else I can help with? ## Good evening, What is "Pot Chlor" - Erklorcon 10Mg ; Side effect? Does it have anything to do with urine coloration.
Updated 6 months ago in Potassium Chloride.

Potassium chloride 20MEQ ER Tablets
my doctor prescribed these pills for me for 10 days twice a day but didn't explain if I had to avoid certain foods and I am also wondering why I have to take them for 10 days? ## No, there is no list of foods you should avoid, but you should make sure not to take it on an empty stomach, because the FDA warns that it is very harsh on the stomach. You should take it for the duration your doctor has directed, to bring your potassium levels back up to a safe zone. Is there anything else I can help with? ## What is Potassium chloride micro 20meq ER specifically used for? Is it available by prescription only? Thank you.
Updated 6 months ago in Potassium Chloride.

dosage of potassium chloride
I made a mistake and gave my husband potassium chloride tablets - 10 meq ER - 3 times a day instead of once. I did this for 2 days. What now???
Updated 6 months ago in Potassium Chloride.

potassium 20 meq tab where to purchase
I am currently prescibed klor-con m20 potassium supplements. I pay 100 dollars for 100 tablets. Is there any where I could find them less expensively. I have to take 3 a day ## Hello, Diane! How are you? The best suggestion I can make is to check with the various pharmacies in your area to compare prices. It seems this is one that's become somewhat expensive everywhere. Will your insurance cover it? Does anyone else have any ideas? This medication can cause stomach irritation, so it is best to take it with food. ## I ran out of my klor con m20 potassium tablets, is there any over the counter potassium tablets I can take in place of this? ## There are a couple kinds of dissolvable potassium available (by prescription). One is a powder in sealed packets and one is an effervescent tabl...
Updated 6 months ago in Klor-Con.

Low potassium level ended up in emergency room
The emergency room dr prescribed me 20 of klor-con 20mg cause my potassium level was very low and i couldnt talk or move my body and my blood pressure was 160/100 and my pulse at 100 and i was tingling and numbness all over my body i couldnt even walk like i was paralized ## Hello, Tammy! How are you? I am so very sorry about what happened to you. Low potassium levels can be very dangerous and can cause many health issues, having levels that are too high can also be very dangerous. Potassium is something that must remain balanced between specific levels. In my case, my body does not store potassium, though we've never been able to figure out why, thus to keep mine up, my cardiologist has had to double up medications that can elevate my potassium levels. For most people, that could c...
Updated 7 months ago in Klor-Con.

can i take klor con powder 20 meq past its recent exp date
Is Klor-con powder 20 mEq still safe to use past the expiration date? The date today is 1/22/17 and the date on the package is 9/16. ## Hello, Ginger! How are you? For maximum efficacy, it would be best to dispose of it and see your doctor for a new prescription. The FDA warns that this medication can be very harsh on the stomach, so it should always be taken with food. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 7 months ago in Klor-Con.

Why no laying down after taking 20 Meq ER kcl potassium
Just wondering why I can't lay down for 30 min after taking potassium? Never had any warnings on my prescription in 7 years but is on the one i picked up today. ## Hello, Penny! How are you doing? It is due to the fact that this medication could cause excess stomach acid, if you lay down within 30 minutes of taking it, it could result in severe reflux, which may result in damage to your esophagus, according to NIH reports. It's harshness is also the reason you should always take it with food. Is there anything else I can help with?
Updated 7 months ago in Potassium Chloride.

k-dur potassium 20meq substitution
Can k-dur potassium tablets be substituted with potassium (k) 20meq made by Chloe? ## Yes, they are both just potassium supplements in the same dosage, the only difference is that they've been manufactured by different companies. The FDA warns that it can be very harsh on the stomach, so it should be taken with food. Are you on any other medications?
Updated 7 months ago in Klor-Con.

Discuss Potassium Levels

Discuss: Potassium Levels

5) Text Verification: *

TRUSTe

Note: All times displayed are GMT - 7.

This information has been independently compiled and is for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice from a qualified healthcare professional; nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. For more details please see the Medical Disclaimer. Site content is Copyright © 2005-2017 MedsChat.com and is protected under U.S. and International Copyright laws. All Rights Reserved. This page was last updated on 18 August 2017.

We are committed to your privacy.

Copyright © 2005-2017 All Rights Reserved. MedsChat® and The People's Medicine Community® are registered trademarks of Limelight Innovations L.L.C.